• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 lc brass 1987, 175 SMK, IMR 4895 45.0 GR, CCI BR-2, 2831 FPS,

agbm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2012
Fl, USA
Used this load .308 LC brass 1987, 175 SMK, IMR 4895 45.0 GR, CCI BR-2, 2831FPS. In my Rem 700 police 26"brrel, barrel has been coated with Sentry Solutions Barrel Treatment with SMOOTH-KOTE and BP2000. No hard bolt lift, no hard extraction, primer not flat, did get cratering but I get that with 175 FGMM factory ammo also. Using my Magneto Speed I got was 2831 FPS, yes that's what I got. Cold bore shot was right on at 100 yards. going to load up 9 more rounds and check speed again today. Brass had been full length sized. Hodgdon shows 45.0 grains as a compressed load in win brass, it was compress in the lake city also. I don't have Qiukload to check and compare. DO NOT FORGET my bore is coated with Moly:http://www.sentrysolutions.com/APL03.html, so FPS and Pressures are reduced. Will go out today and reconfirm today.

Thanks in advance for any input.
AGBM

Last edited:
That's a warm one, should get you out there a ways.