• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 Left Side Charging Upper | 20" 416R SS Straight Fluted Heavy Barrel | 1:10 Twist...

kopcicle

Obfuscation Engineer
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Covington Wa
...or how a belligerent old dinosaur is too lazy or stupid to accept a charging handle on any but the left side.

I humped a FAL in the 70's. I also carried one on long walks in the woods.
I never made the concession or adjustment to mouse guns and rear charging other than mandatory qualifications.
I'm a young'un in some eyes so I never got close to a M14 or M1A1 until way later.
I did have a semi traumatic although brief assignation with the G3/91. She still wonders why I hold her down with the right hand and slap her ass with the left.

I've heard nothing from Bear Creek about when, if ever their upper will be in stock.

So, all I want for Christmas, or new year, or my birthday for that matter, is ...
Left side charging, right side ejecting, non-reciprocating, ability to push-pull fix to the bolt > charging handle, complete upper.

Barring all the other bells and whistles I'll settle for the non-reciprocating left side charging and right-side ejecting.
I can live with or without a 416 barrel. I'd actually prefer a 41xx steel barrel but ....

Let the fun begin. I have a thick skin. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
No help for a complete upper, maybe source all your parts to your specs and have it assembled by someone. Here's a pic of a Armalite AR-10 with a customized SA58 non-reciprocating side charger (not mine). I've collected all the components for a build, just need to finish machining it.
DSC09372.jpg

Reactions: mtrmn
Gibbz arms has the stripped upper you're looking for. You can build it out from there. The new Sig Spear will do it for you if you have the $ and can find one. LWRC REPR is an option. If you're not opposed to 30-06, check out the Ohio Ordnance Works HCAR

You are in luck. There is the JP PSC-12 or for a complete rifle, the LWRC REPR MKII 7.62 NATO Elite. And there is one other option as well that is DPMS patterned, but I can't think of the company name right now. All three listed above are more like the modded Armalite msgriff posted in the first reply and does not have that gaping hole in the side of the receiver like the Gibbz mentioned above.

I have some pics posted of the JP upper in this thread: SR25 Upper Compatibility thread I'm still in the process of building, waiting for a part to become available actually, so no real progress since that thread otherwise I'd post more pics.

Edit - The JP LRP-07 is also available as a side charger LRI-20 is the model. Yeah, I know these aren't the cheapest options, hopefully that doesn't kill your dream.

Reactions: kopcicle