• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 LR PMAG Mag Length?

bluto77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm being lazy. Only did 2 searches and couldn't find what I was looking for.

What is mag length on the 308 LR PMAG?

The length for cartridge OAL, or the length of the magazine body from top to bottom (Lip to Base)?

I'm getting 2.814, I've got some 168's with COAL 2.790 in one right now and they have some room. The front of the mag doesn't look square to me, might be an extra .005 in there where the tips actually sit.

Loading for 6mm Creedmoore in a GAP-10. Per my measurement, looks like 2.828. Just wondering what others use.

M2 or M3? Seems like the M3's will feed a slightly longer COAL than the M2's.
I sold a bunch of M2 20 rounders because I couldn't get them to feed the M118LR I have. Some of the rounds have a COAL of 2.83+.
So far the M3 10 rounders have been 100% with the same ammo.

M2 or M3? Seems like the M3's will feed a slightly longer COAL than the M2's.
I sold a bunch of M2 20 rounders because I couldn't get them to feed the M118LR I have. Some of the rounds have a COAL of 2.83+.
So far the M3 10 rounders have been 100% with the same ammo.

I also had a little trouble with the new pmags and older m118lr. I had some 07 head stamp that was just barely too long to feed reliably but 08 head stamp fed perfectly. Go figure.