• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 on SURGEON RSR finished

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
Surgeon RSR receiver
Mcmillan thumbhole stock
Hollands bottom metal
Kreiger 4 groove 1-12 heavy target 25"
308 match .340nk .050 freebore from ptg

i wanted the rifle set up for the 155's and possibly 175's on the heavy end. with the sierra 155's, the end of the boat tail is even with the neck/shoulder junction. about perfect i would say. i dont have any varget available but i have shot some wc846, surplus imr 4895, and h4895 with the old sierra 155 palmas. it certainly shows promise. i need to get some varget and i have some 155 bergers on order. has anyone used the 155 a-max? how is the BC compared to the new sierra, new berger, or the scenar? i like the price! i can run a lathe but not a computer or i would certainly post some pics.

chuck

Re: 308 on SURGEON RSR finished

took a pic of the rifle. i could email it to someone if they would post it for me. thanks.

chuck

e-mail it to me, ill post it. Ill pm you my e-mail addy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure want to see it. The RSR is burning a hole in my safe. </div></div>

yours and mine both! the wait for my barrel blank is killing me!!!
grin.gif

this thread is super gay without some PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

frown.gif
me want picture!!

i just emailed USMCj the pic. if you want to see something in more detail, please post and i will send a close up to USMCj if he doesnt mind posting them. thanks for the help.

chuck

I dont mind, but I think you might have sent the e-mail to someone els. ill pm you my e-mail addy again.

scratch that, I just got it. Yahoo mail sucks balls! it took 25 minutes to get to me.

rsr.jpg

Very nice, to satisfy questions in another thread was your mcmillan a standard 700 inlet or specified for the RSR? My is out for the barrel now and Im hoping about another 4 weeks.

standard remington inlet. had to modify for the bolt handle and the ejection port is not perfect but i did not modify that. i really like the receiver overall. there are a couple of little items as far as attention to detail that could be changed but overall, it is very nice. what impresses me most is the machining tolerances on the rail. the thing actually snaps in place! im not talking about the pins either. very well machined.

chuck

Yup, that rail locks onto the action real tight even before the screws. They did a really nice job with the RSR. I cant wait to complete mine and hit the range.

Just finished an RSR for Chris Sommers here on the hide, it goes out in a few. Very nice receiver, congrats.

I know this is old, but what stock is this? I like it alot! Would be a sweet hunting stock..........

Thanks for the info! Are they made by MCM? I assume so...