• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 rd/gr for my 700P

The4thHorseman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
Hatboro, PA
www.comcast.net
I'm looking for some experienced info as to which grain that will shoot the best out of my 700p 1:12 with a 26" barrel. I'm a fan of the PPU ammo for its price and the fact that the 55g M193 shoots very well thru my AR. I currently have some 147gr and 168 BTHP match (all PPU). I'm not ashamed to admit that all my rifles will out shoot me which is why I'm asking from experienced shooters with a similar setup what shoots the best? I typically don't have a chance to shoot past 100 yrds, but it is nice to know the rd could go further if it had to... My scope id a nikon monarch 4-16 and in addition to plinking I would like to be able to hunt with this round also. (SHTF would apply also). Any info is great thanks

Re: 308 rd/gr for my 700P

If you aren't shooting past a 100 yards it probably isn't going to matter that much. Obviously the longer the shot the larger the margin for error and the greater need for a better round. When I am shooting under 200 yards I ussually just shoot crappy mil surplus ammo 147 gr fmj. When I shoot over 400 yards I like to use 168 gr bthp. When the SHTF you probably won't want a sniper rifle but an AR or shotgun or both but that's just my oppinion.