• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 308 rem 700 optics

tripple_ace

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
miami, FL
i'm looking to change out my old scope for a new one around 1,000 to 1,400
but with so many company's showing off there optics like night force, ziess & ior i have no idea witch way to go. and gret a great scope for my money!

Re: 308 rem 700 optics

Go with what you can afford. I just bought my first NXS and I love it. I also bought the Viper PST, great scope for the money. Tracks well. I am getting ready to purchas my 2nd. NXS. Probably my favorite for my wallet.

Check out whats for sale in the used optics section of the hide. Most guys treat their scopes really well since they know how critical they are.

I might suggest finding a Nightforce or a Leuopold and ask for alot of pics and see what kind of deal you can make. You will save alot of money and can get (potentially) alot of scope for the money. Might even look for a USO if you need something more custom and is built like a tank.

+1 to giving the used optics section an look though. Both of my Nightforce scopes were purchased used and they function flawlessly.

Night Force is hard to beat for the $$. You won't find many people that have much bad to say about their performance in any application, including doing their job under the most demanding and extreme conditions. As others have said, you can likely save a few dollars if you want to wait and try to score a nice used scope. Also, NF scopes seem to hold good resale value when it's time to sell. If you look at it as an investment that might soften the blow of the initial price
shocked.gif

Buy once, cry once. Just my .02cents...
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussiem1a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nightforce will be my next one will trade up from the mark 4 </div></div>

+1. Exactly the same scenario.

If you are going to do any shooting at longer ranges get a variable scope that has at least 15X or more.
10X just does not cut it for pure precision.