• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

matleez

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Ohio
does anyone out there have a Ruger M77 MKII target in a .308? Im wondering how far they can reach out I've never played with a .308, i have the same gun in a .243 back home and can touch 800yds constantly but i wonder what i can do with a .308. any tips or gun ideas would help out alot. thanks.

Ive shot with a guy he had a Ruger M77 Police model " according to him" and he used it to shoot 1000 yards, the .308 Win can do it but it does loose its velocity pretty fast. The 243 can do it my buddy has one and we've shot it out to 1000 yards with 25 MOA of drop.

I shoot with a friend that has one, in .308. Our public range has steel targets from about 300 to 650 yards and then a couple at 1000 (1020 yards on my range finder.)

Its a fine rifle, IMO. As we spot for each other, I've seen him make hits on the steel jack rabbit at 650 and on the gong at 1020 yards. He's got a Nightforce scope on it & recently had a muzzle brake installed. We did the 3 day "School of 1000 Yards" at the Whittington Center last June & he decided he wanted a brake at that time. I referred him to a guy in my county, whose work I've seen on two other friends rifles. This, of course, has helped reduce his perceived recoil and allows him to get back on target quicker as the rifle doesn't jump as much after the shot.

The smith who installed the break told him Ruger uses a different trigger than in their standard rifles, as well. Two stage, I believe. Again, its a fine rifle.

Hope this is helpful.

Tight groups!