• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .308 SBR Suppressor

JRaven

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Mar 4, 2013
    ATX
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am waiting on some parts to finish a 12.5" .308 pistol with the intention to file a Form 1.

I presently have a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 that I use for my .308 & .300 WM bolt guns.

Just curious on recommendations on a dedicated suppressor for this 12.5".

Anything out there better than the SOCOM for a shooting a short barreled .308?

Thank you.

JR

Sig 762 lineup. Depending on your goals (weight, need to swap between guns) you can get a Quick disconnect version or titanium options. I run a Sig 762 on a 8.5" 300 BLK and it is fantastic.

I hit up a buddy who collects tax stamps as a hobby and he recommended...

DeadAir Nomad or Sandman
    KAC CRS
    Silencerco Chimera (no barrel length restrictions)

He had heard about the TBAC Dominus-SR and was heading to check it out at SHOT in the next few days.

Thanks for the recommendations.

JR

i have been looking into this, mostly for 556 pistol and reliable large platform ar suppressor. Im looking seriously at OSS due to blowback and gas gun cycling. i have no first hand experience with OSS but are not a fan of Yankee hill, or SiCo on my gassers. 2¢

I think that you are going to be hard pressed to find a better suppressor for that application than the SureFire that you already have.

What you currently have is one of the best options out there for semiautos. I have heard good things about the dead Air sandman, but no first hand experience. Surefires are awesome for keeping down backpressure.

Seems like that is what I am gathering. I am going to go check out the Chimera and Dead Air today. The worst part about suppressors is the 12 month wait so might as well get the exact one you want.

Thanks for the help.

JR