• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 scarcity?

spamassassian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
New Mexico, USA
Anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's a seasonal thing. I went to my local Sportsman's Warehouse to pick up some FGMM 168s and they were out, which is not common. They were out of 175s, too. So then I notice that everyone seems to be out of Winchester .308 brass just now...

What gives?

Re: .308 scarcity?

We've got a good bit of GMM 168 grs but I've had a hard time getting 175 gr stuff.

As mentioned, it is hunting season and getting closer to an election. Also, the fall is one of the busiest times of the year for firearms and ammo in general.

-Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">Hunting</span> Election season. </div></div>

Fixed it.

Actually, I haven't had a problem buying components at all. Though I'm not panic buying either because I've been stocking up since the last time but generally I would say the shelves around here are full. I think people are waiting to see which way the wind blows. I do suspect that if the wind blows in a shit storm we'll see next day empty shelves and full on panic buying.

I haven't seen a shortage of projectiles or primers, but I've been waiting over a month for Winchester .308 brass to come in at my local shop.

I was able to find some FGMM 168 locally, so I bought a couple of boxes even though the price was a tad higher than I've seen around lately. Still cheaper than shipping them in from somewhere. But yes - I would like to see some Winchester brass around... not an urgent need but I will need to get them at some point.