• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 semi auto barrel

jason8251

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville FL / OEF
I'm building a .308 on a MA TEN reciever set and looking for some info on barrels. I'd like to send the upper reciever in and have the barrel assembled and installed so I don't have to worry about headspacing etc... The rifle is going to be for long range bench and prone shooting so weight is not really a huge concern.

Re: .308 semi auto barrel

You'll probably want an 18" pipe at least...most of the better smiths will have or/ can get what you need.Just off the top I would try GA Precision, they do great work and build those 308 AR's.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I know I want a 22" 1:11 stainless barrel, I wanted to get some ideas of where to send the receiver/bolt to have the upper assembled. I feel more comfortable having the barrel installed by a smith. Just looking to hear from others that have done this.

Rainier Arms sells their Ultramatch barrels and they will headspace it for you if you buy the bolt from them too. The barrels they sell are made from <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Krieger</span> Shilen blanks. I think they sell 20" and 24". You could have a 24" cut to 22". Lilja also sells AR barrels in .308. He has two basic contours heavy and light. But again, he doesn't have 22" barrels; just 20" and 24". You may be able to get what you want from White Oak Armament. Give em a call.

Jason

I am having (3) 18.5" 1:11.25 Rock Creek 5-R blanks G-smithed matched to JP enhanced bolts for my MA-TEN build and 2 other folks.

I worked out a decent deal on both the barrels/G-smith work if you are interested shoot me a PM. I am considering offering it to the folks who particpated in my Mega group buy that just closed and possibly as a group buy

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rainier Arms sells their Ultramatch barrels and they will headspace it for you if you buy the bolt from them too. <span style="color: #009900">The barrels they sell are made from Krieger blanks</span>. I think they sell 20" and 24". You could have a 24" cut to 22". Lilja also sells AR barrels in .308. He has two basic contours heavy and light. But again, he doesn't have 22" barrels; just 20" and 24". You may be able to get what you want from White Oak Armament. Give em a call. </div></div>They are from Shilen blanks . I've decided on a 24 in barrel & was planning on getting it crowned but I got to shoot a 308 Miculek comp & loved it so now i'm split on getting my barrel threaded. I was planning on getting a Krieger but the lead time is 5+ months , so now i'm thinking Rainier or Black Hole Weaponry ...any thoughts ?