• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 SPS tactical

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Just pick up a 308 SPS tactical with 20 moa Picatinny rail and thread muzzle for 500 out the door. The guy put the screws for the rail in the wrong hole for the rail and just wanted to get rid of it. He own it for a month. The longer screw wouldn't let the bolt close all the way. Switch the screws around and shoots like a dream. sometimes a guy runs into luck.

Re: 308 SPS tactical

Damn man, what a deal, I snagged my SPS for a pretty good deal also, I guess the shooting gods were with you that day LOL what do you plan to do with the threaded muzzle?

Gotta love it when something like this happens
smile.gif

I will screw one of my cans on and shoot. I walk by in the gun show and started to add everything up. The rail 150,threaded muzzle with thread protector 85, and rifle 265. Makes for adding a trigger and throwing one of my extra HS stocks on it and GTG.

Most of the times the gun shows are a little high. Finally walk into a deal.

SPS'ers,

I'm still running my SPS package on Remington 700's. So far all that have been taken in have shot below 1/2 MOA after the package and some even well below that with factory ammo.

Here is what the package entails.

Fully true action/bolt
Supply surface ground recoil lug
Set barrel back and rechamber to your specs
Cut barrel to length, crown and thread to your specs.
Tactical bolt knob conversion
Trigger job @ 2.5 lbs or next safest weight.

Price is $625, let me know if you have any questions!

Mark

I appreciate the offer but I just built 2 custom 18" 308s. This was just to good of deal to past. I will bed the rifle and slap a Jewell trigger in a put M5 floor plate on it and roll with the deal. No need to spend more than I need to. I should be able to get it to shoot under a half with good hand loads.

Sounds like a good deal for that kinda money I would buy another one so mine could have a buddy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SPS'ers,

I'm still running my SPS package on Remington 700's. So far all that have been taken in have shot below 1/2 MOA after the package and some even well below that with factory ammo.

Fully true action/bolt

Mark </div></div>

Man thats such a good deal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SPS'ers,

Fully true action/bolt

Mark </div></div>

Man thats such a good deal </div></div>

If you broke down the package and paid for each service it would add up pretty fast.

Fully true action/bolt...$250
Supply surface ground recoil lug...$20
Set barrel back and rechamber to your specs...$250
Cut barrel to length, crown and thread to your specs...$90
Tactical bolt knob conversion...$90
Trigger job @ 2.5 lbs or next safest weight..$55
Total...$755

Not every rifle should have this package performed on it. Rifles that just dont seem to shoot can benefit from it greatly. If a rifle shoots 5/8-3/4 MOA I'd say just save your money and shoot, but if its a 1 MOA rifle or greater we can definitely get it shooting better.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SPS'ers,

Fully true action/bolt

Mark </div></div>

Man thats such a good deal </div></div>

If you broke down the package and paid for each service it would add up pretty fast.

Fully true action/bolt...$250
Supply surface ground recoil lug...$20
Set barrel back and rechamber to your specs...$250
Cut barrel to length, crown and thread to your specs...$90
Tactical bolt knob conversion...$90
Trigger job @ 2.5 lbs or next safest weight..$55
Total...$755

Not every rifle should have this package performed on it. Rifles that just dont seem to shoot can benefit from it greatly. If a rifle shoots 5/8-3/4 MOA I'd say just save your money and shoot, but if its a 1 MOA rifle or greater we can definitely get it shooting better.

Mark </div></div>

That is a fantastic deal! I've got a .308 that really could benefit from all of that but I think the shipping would kill it! I'm trying to find a smith in the UK that will do setback work - truing isn't a problem.

That is a great deal. I'm waiting for some parts to come in and then I'm sending the rifle your way Mark for you to work your magic

Some rifles do need work. All rifles need a good trigger vs the stock ones. If this don't shoot, I will bed the rifle and see if that helps. I have the bedding material. I will post a few pictures in a couple of days with it deck out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All rifles need a good trigger vs the stock ones.</div></div>

I absolutely, positively disagree.

Trigger work is often a crutch used to repair poor technique.

Okay I would agree with you about trigger control. But a nice trigger that brakes clean. Now days some rifles come with a 5 to 6 pd trigger. Are you saying that you would like to keep a heavy trigger with a creep in it or just brakes at different weights.
I would put a good trigger in the rifle personelly.

If I took a new SPS-V out of the box, the trigger would be the last thing to go on it.

That trigger is on three of our department rifles (it's the same one that comes on the LTR now). During our qualification on the "stress shoot" stage you are required to fire three shots at 100 yards after a run and under time. We routinely have the three almost touching.

Weight doesn't matter a whole lot with a skilled shooter. Smooth takeup and a clean break is what you need. The X-mark is not my favorite trigger, but a smooth break is what you get.

The only place that I find I dislike heavier triggers (5-6lbs) is when shooting movers. A heavy trigger increases my personal lock time when trying to break the shot.

The accuracy of the SPS-V would benefit from a replacement stock long before any tinkering with the trigger.

Already have 2 extra stocks. A jewell trigger is only 200 and install it in 5 minutes. Setting up a rifle to your personel setup was never what I do. I setup up the rifle like all my other rifles. When I grap a rifle out of the safe. I know what to expect with the gun. Triggers are set to the same pounds. Not changing firing pins or non of that. But a few basic changes does help. I personel don't like a 5 pound trigger. Match rifles I like around 8 oz.s and hunting rifles around 2 pds.
The X-mark trigger is not the most user friendly trigger. With the seals of God on them. The Jewell is easy to set and if you switch to a new remington rifle. Take off and put on new rifle in minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personel don't like a 5 pound trigger. Match rifles I like around 8 oz.s and hunting rifles around 2 pds.</div></div>

For some reason I think you and I have vastly different opinions on triggers.

As for setting up all your rifles the same.....what's the purpose of having different rifles? If you work on the shooter instead of the rifle, then you remove the necessity of installing $200 triggers on all your rifles.
wink.gif

This doesn't look like a X-mark trigger. No screw in the shoe. They are a little better but still don't brake on the same weight. If you have a trigger pull gauge test it.

I tested the trigger tonight and it pulls between 6 pds and 6 pds 7 ozs.
The purpose of different rifles is. Different disciplines. Some are hunting,match,palma,etc.
I quess some only have one rifle. Thats okay.

You said:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I setup up the rifle like all my other rifles. When I grap a rifle out of the safe. I know what to expect with the gun.</div></div>

Now you say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The purpose of different rifles is. Different disciplines. Some are hunting,match,palma,etc.
I quess some only have one rifle. Thats okay. </div></div>

A might confusing, yes? If it's setup for different disciplines, then it's not setup the same.
wink.gif

I have rifles with single stage triggers and this funny handle thing on the side. Some have the funny handle and a two stage. Then there are a couple that go bang each time without working the little handle thingy. I know exactly what to expect from each when I remove them from the safe, yet they are totally different. Savvy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This doesn't look like a X-mark trigger. No screw in the shoe. They are a little better but still don't brake on the same weight. If you have a trigger pull gauge test it.

I tested the trigger tonight and it pulls between 6 pds and 6 pds 7 ozs. </div></div>

If it doesn't have ribs on the face of the trigger, then it is an X-Mark. The X-Mark Pro Adjustable is the one with the screw in the trigger face. They can be a bit of the heavy side to begin with, but as I mentioned they break clean and that is the key to accuracy. Now if you adjust it and the pull weight starts creeping, then it's time to change it out. If you do adjust it, make sure you re-seal the screw.

It did not have the ribs on the shoe. I had a couple of the X-Mark Pro triggers that I did like but not this one. Sorry could not live with it.

Already switch the trigger out with an older Remington trigger That I set at 2 1/2 pds. It might be me but I have a harder time adjusting the X-triggers. So I had an older trigger with a wider shoe ( which I like more). Switch the stock out while I was at it.

Shot it today. It shot the 168 amaxs really good about a 1/2 moa. Tried the 155s in the gun. It will shoot them just need to work a better load up. All in all not a bad little rifle. Gun is pretty light and recoils a little more than my other guns. But I have only shot it off my bench.