• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Superior to 6.5 Creedmoor CONFIRMED

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Just got done measuring velocity from my 2 AR10 uppers and numbers don’t lie.

6.5 Creed 140 FMJ at 2480 is supersonic to 920 yards (0.4 MOA group)

308 Win 175 SMK at 2490 is supersonic to 1080 (1.25 MOA group)

To boot, the Creed has a 18” Criterion barrel vs the 308’s Ballistic Advantage 16” barrel.

Factory ammo out of both rifles.

Don’t talk to me about anecdotal evidence, efficient 6.5 bullets, drop or wind drift. Almost posted this in bear pit

2480 is stupid slow for a 6.5 CM.
    I would also kindly ask you not to reference velocity

More than double the group size from the 308 and it's superior?

And 6.5 Creedmoor short barrels are stupid. Might as well just shoot a Grendel.
    First, yes; velocity is paramount. Second, everyone knows small frame ARs with the right cartridge actually outperform large frame ARs in similar calibers. My apologies for leaving this out of my first post.

Mods, I realized this might have been better suited for advanced marksmanship!!

My 6.5 Grendel shooting a 123 gr ELD-M at 2450 fps is super sonic past what your 308 is, from an 18" AR15. That make the Grendel superior to the 308- with data to back it up- right?
    Please see my apology above.

Secondly, I’m only looking at efficient 308 bullets here ok? This must be what liberals feel like when they selectively use data!

Before all the covid hysteria, the used to shoot M80 ball like it was nothing, and inside of 500yrds it worked 90% as well as nice 308 rounds and at a fraction of the price.
    Throwing away 2 rounds per box eats away at much of the cost savings...

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Before all the covid hysteria, the used to shoot M80 ball like it was nothing, and inside of 500yrds it worked 90% as well as nice 308 rounds and at a fraction of the price.
    Yeah I agree with hlee, M80 is so inaccurate even the great marksman @TheHorta couldn't get it to group😬

Reactions: TheHorta
    dont-feed-troll-sign-260nw-548074756.jpg

It's all about bullet weight.
    Physics.
    I can lob big heavy bullets at low velocity and they will retain energy much better than light fast bullets due only to bullet weight.
    You guys do know that buffalo hunters were shooting old Sharps rifles 800-1000 yards and more in the 1800s, stuff like 45-110 to 50-140.
    Those old heavy bullets retained enough energy to kill a buffalo at that same 1000 yards.
    Try that with your manbun cartridge of the weak.....I mean week.

Id still go with god and his favorate round 6.5 creedmoor if it good enough to make god smile it's good enough to make me smile oh thank you oh lord for your bless id rounds and 6.5 is thi name . lol
    UCTFJAF5HPWWQ62RDSEWMREVYE.jpg

Why not just 6BRA it if we’re going away from plentiful NATO chambers?

I'm just working on your numbers. If M80 worked 90% as well as match ammo, then you were looking at 5 per 50 that weren't going where you thought they should...
    But for the price point and just plinking steel 🤷‍♂️

And the ones that didn’t group that well, still impacted, wasn’t like “where the fuck did that go?”

Reactions: Dragoon300
    .308 is superior because the larger bullet diameter increases your chance of hitting the target. Going to 6.5 gives up that extra 1.12mm of possibility. You gotta be a real dummy to to throw away that extra potential.

But for the price point and just plinking steel 🤷‍♂️

And the ones that didn’t group that well, still impacted, wasn’t like “where the fuck did that go?”
    Use-case is everything.

Use-case is everything.

True, just saying, it’s nice for practice to be able to use 762x51, the next rifle I need to get off my ass to build is going to be 6BRA, just don’t see the ROI with 6.5,

More or less for precision I just see the progression like this

22LR
    223 wylde
    6bra

Just got done measuring velocity from my 2 AR10 uppers and numbers don’t lie.

6.5 Creed 140 FMJ at 2480 is supersonic to 920 yards (0.4 MOA group)

308 Win 175 SMK at 2490 is supersonic to 1080 (1.25 MOA group)

To boot, the Creed has a 18” Criterion barrel vs the 308’s Ballistic Advantage 16” barrel.

Factory ammo out of both rifles.

Don’t talk to me about anecdotal evidence, efficient 6.5 bullets, drop or wind drift. Almost posted this in bear pit

Last edited:
    The only criteria where 308win beats- anything- is in factory ammunition availability.
    It matters not how "superior" 6.5C is if you can't buy ammo for it.

"My 6.5C is better than .308 and I will prove it just as soon as I can find some ammo for it" isn't much of an argument. LOL

.308 is superior because the larger bullet diameter increases your chance of hitting the target. Going to 6.5 gives up that extra 1.12mm of possibility. You gotta be a real dummy to to throw away that extra potential.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself
    Probably had an mrad scope on the 6.5, that hindered the performance drastically
    Breaking news, Same scope, a VORTEX in MRAD!

Can confirm my chili has beans and Texas will be blue in 2024 because of their stance on this issue alone

• Haha
    Reactions: TheHorta
    It matters not how "superior" 6.5C is if you can't buy ammo for it.

"My 6.5C is better than .308 and I will prove it just as soon as I can find some ammo for it" isn't much of an argument. LOL
    there’s plenty of factory ammo around.... that hardly anyone buys more than a little of because it’s pure hunting ammo.

reloading is the light and the way...... unless you’re like me and still can’t match the best factory stuff with a handload. It creates a crippling addiction to federal terminal ascent ammo for anything serious

Stop shooting Aguila in the Creedmoor, don't take that fat girl home when the bar closes, & let us know if you feel the same about the 308 in the morning.
    No kidding, the fact the Criterion shot it well is more a testament to the barrel than anything.

It’s morning, and I still like shooting my 308 at half the price of the Creed :ROFLMAO:. If I’m spending $2 / shot I’ll just grab the 6mm at this point. I hope that changes soon but doubt it.

I do enjoy my hand loads that are 140 HPBTs closer to 2600 (SD of 9.2) out of this barrel

Last edited:
    Reactions: 357Max
    Ask yourself why there are no ARs in 30-06.

Because the sheer amount of awesome available would be too much for the human race to handle.

Why does a Garand go "ping"? Because God wanted to announce to the world: "8 more rounds of God Given Awesome bout to go in!"