• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 308 suppressor

lapua54

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
i shoot a spr w/ a 24" barrell. i want to buy the BEST suppressor FOR THE MONEY. i'm leaning towards the thunder beast 30p-1. is there a better one??

Re: 308 suppressor

Read a bit more on here for a better idea.

**Edited: gave you space to answer just copy and paste**

whats the intended purpose?

What means the most to you?
Sound suppression, accuracy, multiple rifle usage, single rifle usage, rapid fire capability, repeatable return of accuracy (off and on)?

Is this a target set up?
Y/N #%
Is this a hunting set up?
Y/N #%
Do you plan to use sub sonic ammo?
Y/N
What distances are you shooting?
#yrds (min) - #yrds (max)
Whats your barrel twist?
1:# twist
Do you handload?
Y/N (if Y current recipe)(if N what factory rounds) please specify (grain, ect)

What bullet grain currently gives you your best 100yrd groups?

What bullet grains do not work well with your rifle?

How big are your best 100yrd groups?

Minus the $200 you'll pay to the ATF , whats your price budget
$ (max) , $ (ideal)

Do you have good patience?
Y/N

30P-1 is the best suppressor in the WHOLE world!!
laugh.gif

All kidding aside sir, TBAC is an excellent suppressor but there are many others just as good. If you can narrow down your uses and expectations it would be much easier to steer you in the right direction. Too many to choose from. Not sure if that is good thing or a bad thing.
wink.gif

Best for the money is tough I know people like the YHM for the price but most would say the TBA or the Surefire are better just more money. I like my AWC's very well and prefer my AWC .338 can over all my .308 cans personally. There are a lot of good choices you might need to narrow down your price range first. Good luck PG

whats the intended purpose?
sound suppression

What means the most to you?
Sound suppression, accuracy, multiple rifle usage, single rifle usage, rapid fire capability, repeatable return of accuracy (off and on)?
sound suppression AND repeatable return of accuracy

Is this a target set up?
yes

Is this a hunting set up?
no

Do you plan to use sub sonic ammo?
no

What distances are you shooting?
100 - 1000 yards

Whats your barrel twist?
1:12

Do you handload?
155 gr. a-max
168 gr. sierra match
178 gr. a-max

What bullet grain currently gives you your best 100yrd groups?
the tightest 100 yrd group has been with Federal gold metal match 168 SMK @ .24 moa

What bullet grains do not work well with your rifle?
haven't found one yet

How big are your best 100yrd groups?
the spr consistently shoots 1/2 to 1/4

Minus the $200 you'll pay to the ATF , whats your price budget

Do you have good patience?
yes

At that price the TBAC is a little over your budget unless you do a group buy. Everyone who has 30P-1 would probably say they are worth an extra $50 or $100 though.

Have you looked at the SAS Arbiter? It retails for under your budget and has good reviews.

I have shot just about all 30 cal cans out there. I run 30p's and 30BA's on everything. They are the best dollar value can out there. Great customer service, zero POI, reduce felt recoil, my 9, and 12yr old kids shoot 308's all day. Go with a TBAC. I have them in stock ready to form 3

SAS Arbiter is a good can. I have one on my Covert. Good can. Not as Accurate as TBAC, Slight POI shift, but if your going to dedicate it to a rifle and zero it suppressed it would work great. I have them In Stock as well. PM if your interest in pricing on TBAC or SAS.
Thanks
Steve

Humm, guess I need to check into these, I've been happy with my AAC Cyclone, but maybe I need another.

Ill also give a thumbs up to the 30-p1. I have it along with an AAC Cyclone. As far as accuracy, they both are equal. Both cans have a very small POI shift low and right with my gun. This is at 650 yards, it not really noticeable at 100. Grouping stays the same. Ill give the light advantage to the TBAC, because it is lighter, and their customer service is great.

Im trying to decide between the the TBAC 30p-1 and the AAC cyclone. Is the TBAC worth the extra $300? Anyone looking for a TBAC should pm Rangerwalker71. I did and he got right back to me with an excellent price!

Another vote for the 30P-1. Great suppression, little to no POI shift, very light weight, very well made.

If you are looking to get into a decent suppressor for as little as possible, the YHM Phantom 7.62 is actually a pretty good can. It is heavy as balls and has a definite POI shift (though it is very consistent), but suppression is good, recoil reduction is good, and it is quite sturdy.

I own both, I use both, I prefer the 30P by a significant margin, but the YHM works just fine for a really great price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911GunNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Humm, guess I need to check into these, I've been happy with my AAC Cyclone, but maybe I need another. </div></div>

There is a guy in north Houston, just off 610W, that sells them, DO NOT buy from him. I got mine from him and he works about 30 minutes a day, and no one else can assist. It was a pain in the ass to get the can, but now that I have it...

If you shoot at American, send me a PM, I'm there every few weeks with my 30P.