• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Temp Stable Powder (AA2460?)

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
If there’s one thing that’s most important to me when reloading, it’s a temp stable powder. Prior to recent times the answers were obvious for temp stable powders. I feel like I’m starting to branch out now and broaden my search for more options. Varget, H4895, 8208XBR, and IMR4064 are good choices but I still can’t find them often. The next one I’m looking towards is Accurate 2460. Anyone have any experience with it? Looking at the charts, it’s very temp stable. I really would like to find some Varget or H4895 so I continue to keep my eye out, but for now I need to get something that will keep me shooting for the time being.

So my question revolves around Accurate 2460 and possibly any other temp stable 308 powders to keep an eye out for. I’m looking at powder numbers I have zero experience with so any help is appreciated.

AR Comp worked for me with 155gr bullets in an 11.25 twist Schneider barrel. Also used 8208 and Varget successfully in same weight range.

Reactions: Evintos
+1 for AR Comp, Varget and 8208XBR. Tried them all with 168gr and 178gr ELD-M, ELD-X, SMK, TMK.

Any of those 3 powders are very good options. There's also a chart floating around about temperature changes per degrees that I'm not sure has ever been verified but here it is -
72-F33053-F125-4-CD9-92-C2-ED63062-E63-EA.jpg

Reactions: bmicek