• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 to 6.5 CM Conversion - is there anything I need to know?

Loyal2no1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2020
Hey forum. I have a Bergara 308 HMR and I’ve just come across a cheap as chips Bergara barrel in 6.5 CM that I’m looking to fit to my 308 action. Aside from the barrel swap do I need to change or modify anything else (head-spacing, changing the bolt spring etc?) Cheers

You should bring it to a riflesmith and have them fit it. Factory actions/barrels are not like custom actions/barrels that can be swapped around. Factory actions are not kept to those tolerances. You will have to make sure it headspaces correctly and if you you will have to have work done by the smith.

You won't have to change anything else on the action as the 6.5 Creedmoor will use the same mags and boltface etc.

You'll need to start wearing flannel and put your hair in a manbun and begin drinking pumpkin spice lattes.

• Haha
Reactions: PabloPlutarco
You'll need to start wearing flannel and put your hair in a manbun and begin drinking pumpkin spice lattes.
Moving from 308, he already has the flannel, but not enough hair left on his head for a man-bun.

• Haha
Reactions: Markie V
You should bring it to a riflesmith and have them fit it. Factory actions/barrels are not like custom actions/barrels that can be swapped around. Factory actions are not kept to those tolerances. You will have to make sure it headspaces correctly and if you you will have to have work done by the smith.

You won't have to change anything else on the action as the 6.5 Creedmoor will use the same mags and boltface etc.
Yeah will definitely have a gunsmith fit it. Cheers

Reactions: Rob01