• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Win FGM Question

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
Recently purchased some once fired FGM brass. I noticed that there are silver and gold colored primers in the batch. I have never fired a factory Gold Medal and was wondering if they use plated and non plated primers or possibly both? It might just be different lots, I dont know
confused.gif

Re: 308 Win FGM Question

Thanks Two Shoes and Wil, that's why I am asking.

Just sorted a few by weight and decapped 50 that weighed in at 184 gr ish, all had silver primers that were slightly flatten with the noticable ridge on top of the cup.

Re: 308 Win FGM Question

I use to buy FGMM 175 by the case. The last couple of cases that I bought had nickel plated brass and gold primers. Prior to that, I was getting regular brass and silver primers. I have also had regular brass and gold primers.

Midway ran a sale sometime over the last 12 months. In their notes they mentioned that some brass might be nickeled (I've got some). I guess it was for the autoloaders?