• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 win lapua palma brass

itsa30wait

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2014
gillette wyoohming
Is there any diff prep work or anything in the loading process I need to change from regular brass ie priming tool setup and whether the depriming pin needs to be smaller in my fl sizing die

I would recommend paying the $10-$12 for a decapping die. I decap before cleaning and never run dirty cases thru my dies. IMO you would prep the palma brass just the same as any other.

This brass needs no special reloading practices. I believe it has a standard flash hole and not a "small one" I have been tracking threads on this brass for a little while. I intend to buy and compare it to the standard LR brass in the future when I get home. There is some speculation that the SR primer, which will produce a more mild flame compared to a LR primer will provide a more uniform ignition. There is also some speculation that the newer brass is not quite as uniform as some of the older Lapua brass that was produced "before the troubles" You might have to adjust your loads slightly to compensate for velocity variations between what a LRP in the standard case and the SRP in these cases produce. Please keep us informed.

Lapua brass, if made by Lapua, seems to need the least preparation, except the 308 Palma brass, if to be turned into 260 brass.

Where 10% of most brand 308 brass will interfere in a SAAMI 260 chamber, ALL of the Lapua will. The necks are thicker.

I will post my findings on flash hole diff and variation on my load. I get the brass some time tomorrow. My main reasoning for getting the Palma was just for a savage model 10 308 in hopes of a-all same headstamp brass b-try to get a little higher velocities c- srp are easier to obtain where I'm at in large amounts and match grade primers too, and lastly Its the first "fancy brass" I will have owned haha

Remington made a case called 22br that was a srp also like lapua palme but there was a difference in the flash hole the difference being Remington 22br flash hole measured.080" while 308 win Palma brass measured .062" and the standered pin on my Lee case trimming tool doesn't fit through the flash hole