• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

308 Win or 30-284 ? Magnum Research carbon blank

Gee

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi,

I have an unchambered none magnum 30 cal blank, 1-10 Twist, from Magnum Research, and wondering what action to fit to this carbon wrapped tube and what to chamber.

Seems I could start off in 308 Win., then even rechamber to 30-284. Its an expensive blank, not the sort of thing to make a mistake with. Maybe even 7.62 UKM, only just thought of that.

I've toyed with putting it on a off beat action, to see how well it performs, like a Ruger No.1 or Browning BLR, would be an eye opener.

I have a DSArms FAL, all stainless rifle and stainless heavy badger barrel cryo stress relieved, 1-10 twist, shoots 1 hole groups at 100 yards all day. Its a 308, but its So Heavy. There is no gas system fitted, so one has to manualy cycle, has ambidexterous cocking handles. Would be lovelly to get some weight off with a carbon wrapped tube, buy I can't bring myself to mess with a rifle that already shoots like a dream.

Gee

Re: 308 Win or 30-284 ? Magnum Research carbon blank

30-284 is a 7.5x55 Swiss, May be hard to get it to feed from actions built for a 308.

Why 30-284 and not a 30-06?

Personally I try to stick with what calibers are most common so I don't go broke buying ammo.