• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Win Subsonic Keyhole?

gv3rd

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Clanton, AL
Been lurking around here for a number of years now, but this is one of my first posts so if its in the wrong place, feel free to move and I apologize.

I am working on a 308 subsonic load for my Remington 700P. The barrel has been cut down to 18" and threaded for my suppressor. Before I take a chance on a baffle strike I loaded a bunch up and shot them. I'm looking for some advice from the experts if you think any of the shots in the picture of my target appear to have keyholed. I tried to space them around the target, but between adjusting the scope for the new point of impact and probably not taking enough time some of them ended up touching. Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

• photo47442.jpg
    photo47442.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 13
I think your gtg. What's your load data?
My favorite two for my 308
11.1 gr trailboss 200 smk
13.3 trailboss 220 round nose

Looks go to me.
If you cast, a 30 cal wheel weight Lyman 187gr semi pointed with a gas check will weight about 193 lubed and fly to 5-600 nose on from a 12 twist with only 6.7 grs of Red Dot. Cheap fun.

Thanks for the replys. I haven't started into casting bullets yet, but it's on my short list.