• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gerdy32

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2023
Ireland
Put my tikka T3 lite into an oryx chassis in pursuit of a bit more accuracy as was getting a flyer every 3rd shot as the barrel heated but to no avail has anyone used the chassis before I torqued it to the specs given but with no joy any tips or help appreciated tia

@gerdy32 FYI for future reference, this is the wrong section for rifle issues unless it's directly related to your optics... Things like this are typically put in The Armory, or Bolt Action Rifles section.

By chance were you loading 3 rounds and mentally prepared to fire 3? My vote is position and lack of follow through.

Reactions: gerdy32 and BCP
Put my tikka T3 lite into an oryx chassis in pursuit of a bit more accuracy as was getting a flyer every 3rd shot as the barrel heated but to no avail has anyone used the chassis before I torqued it to the specs given but with no joy any tips or help appreciated tia
Punctuations are your friend.

I've used the Oryx on a Remington 700 action... the torque recommendation was in the instructions, but if I remember correctly I did more torque on the front screw close to recomended torque and less on the rear screw, usually 40 to 65 inch lbs depending on the setup and the caliber being fired. Nothing should flex the action as it's tightened down and it should be smacked against the recoil lug. Mine was good to go, shooting excellent groups. These stocks are a good value IMO..
Take a torque wrench to the range and loosen or tighten to a specific torque one screw at a time and see if groups improve...but I tend to believe it's something else. Good luck...

Reactions: gerdy32 and BCP