• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308AR with CFE 223

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Didn’t see much AR Specific CFE 223 loads. Gun is a home built AR. Mega Set, Aero Rail. Adjustable Gas. Rainer Ultra Match 18” 1 in 10twist. Good trigger.

Shoots 168 and 175 FGMM right at an inch (likely me). Only loads I tried so far has been IMR4064. Best was 41.8gr and 168 SMK. LC and FC (FGMM brass) brass. Fed match primers. That was about as close to POI and groups size to FGMM.

Anyone have any experience with CFE 223 in the AR platform. I didn’t see it in the sticky. Just looking for sub 1” groups, and maybe some better speed. Have a Magnetospeed and the 4064 and FGMM were slow. ~2450. SD and ES was better for FGMM than my loads.

I have 168 and 175 SMKs, and 175 ELDMs to play with. Also have CCI match and standard primers. Have a ton of Tac also.

Reactions: simonp