• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30cal AR15 project : 308 Tok - Silent Perfection

desertfox01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Peoria, Arizona
www.molonlabe.com
Been working on this project for awhile now. finally got all the parts finished and heat treated and reassembled recently.Got a Chrono of my own a couple weeks ago, so now I can really have fun loading for this baby.

Going to start refering to it as my 308 Tok.

if a Picture is worth a Thousand words........What is a Video worth.......

Quick Video about my 7.62x2/308 Tok

Re: 30cal AR15 project : 308 Tok - Silent Perfection

Oh my God, thats one of the hottest things Ive ever seen in my life

Major bigtime coolness. Stens were made in this chambering as well. No doubt it is badass in the pistols.

Do you have to tweak the rifle to go from 110 to 200 gr bullets? What is the velocity of the 200 grainer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Major bigtime coolness. Stens were made in this chambering as well. No doubt it is badass in the pistols.

Do you have to tweak the rifle to go from 110 to 200 gr bullets? What is the velocity of the 200 grainer? </div></div>

gotta be careful with it in pistols...not all can really handle the hotter stuff that well. I have had a TT-33 for years and like the idea of finally having a HP defensive round for it (wolf Gold)....the wolf wont cycle the AR, so will use it in the pistol.

I do not change the gas setting for the 200grn projectiles. I am still in the load testing phase. That range trip was the first time I had run any of my reloads through it. I did not even know if it was going to fully cycle with the heavy stuff or not. the velocity of the 200grn stuff was 897.1 average. I want to get that up to 1000 - 1050fps range. Going to try two other powder options.

need to also do some accuracy testing now....look forward to seeing just what it will do.

Does that use a different bolt face than .223?

I believe there are dies from RCBS that will let you for 223 brass into this, but they are pricey. The bolt face is different. if you set it up as a blowback, you can use a standard 9mm bolt. for this, the 5.45x39 bolt worked, especially since I have a few extras from the Alex Arms 5.45 uppers I have.

I am using C-Product 5.45x39 magazines......do not know just how many it will hold yet, have only loaded 10 of any projectile/powder combo up to this point. might also check out some 6.8 mags.

BONUS! When do they go into production?
wink.gif

Have you used H-110 with the heavy bullets?
What OAL are you using?

what is the advantage of 308 tok over 300 whisper?

Very nice. And at 9c a round.. :p