• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30mm low profile one piece scope mount

all mounts are QD with a fix-it-stick. just like QC actions, QD mounts just don't make much sense in almost every case

ultralight and 1 piece mount don't really go together either

Reactions: TheOE800
Be careful going too low on a one piece mount.
I have a Nightforce 30mm cantilever mount that none of my scopes will fit in due to the erector housing contacting the base of the mount before making contact with the ring halves. It's a 1.125" high mount so not exactly super low profile.
I found the same issue with a EraTac 34mm mount.

The manufacurer of the mounts usually show this dimension in their specs/drawings but scope manufactures don't list the clearance needed so you'll need to measure the scope you want to use yourself.

If you are wanting a mount that can be removed and installed and retain zero, most decent quality rings will do this just fine.
Most of my rings are Nightforce Ultralite rings and the RTZ more or less perfectly, perfect enough for me not to notice any measurable shift and I swap my scopes are frequently.

Reactions: Tacops65
Be careful going too low on a one piece mount.
I have a Nightforce 30mm cantilever mount that none of my scopes will fit in due to the erector housing contacting the base of the mount before making contact with the ring halves. It's a 1.125" high mount so not exactly super low profile.
I found the same issue with a EraTac 34mm mount.

The manufacurer of the mounts usually show this dimension in their specs/drawings but scope manufactures don't list the clearance needed so you'll need to measure the scope you want to use yourself.

If you are wanting a mount that can be removed and installed and retain zero, most decent quality rings will do this just fine.
Most of my rings are Nightforce Ultralite rings and the RTZ more or less perfectly, perfect enough for me not to notice any measurable shift and I swap my scopes are frequently.
Thanks for the reply and info.
Much appreciated.