• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30mm Rings with Horizontal Adjustment?

Rider47

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2022
Maryland
I have an old Hart 1A custom action that has the scope base holes drilled at an angle to the centerline of the action. For 20+ years I have been using low end rings with an .025” brass shim inserted on one side between the Weaver/Picatinny base and the ring clamp to move one end of the scope sideways, but would like to install rings that I can adjust without the shim. (Scope windage is not enough to compensate, and I'd prefer my scope adjustments to be closer to the middle of the adjustment range.)

Are there 30mm rings that have a whupload of horizontal adjustment?

I think Redneck is on to the best solution, but Leupold also makes windage adjustable mounts…

Re-tapping is definitely the long-term solution, but given the current lead time for competent gunsmiths, I'll wait until next fall to send it off.

I think Redneck is on to the best solution, but Leupold also makes windage adjustable mounts…

This is a good solution. My older rifles used these Redfield-type mounts. However, mounting them seems to be a lost art that some people don't know about.

Many rifles come with the Picatinny bases and if you have never mounted a scope using the Redfield mounting system, it's best to do some research first.

An essential tool would be a scope ring wrench. Watch the video in the link below to see how to use the wrench to avoid damaging the scope.