• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ridein4life

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
Graham WA
Hello, im new to the board and am on my first build. ive read threw the forum for many hours and hears what i decided to start with. Savage model 10 FCP-SR .308, with PWS PRC muzzle brake and a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with EBR-2C Reticle (MRAD) or EBR-1. any advice on good quality scope rings i should run on this set up would be great. the vortex rings seem pretty low quality so im not sure where to go from there. Nightforce... Leupold.... Weaver... Bushnell.. etc... any input would be greatly appreciated also there is a 20MOA picatinny rail mounted on it if that makes a diffrence in your opinion on what rings are best for my application. Also can anyone help me on the different reticle selection as far as difference in EBR-1 and EBR-2? Thank you! This will NOT be a bench rest weapon so durability is a plus.

Hello, im new to the board and am on my first build. ive read threw the forum for many hours and hears what i decided to start with. Savage model 10 FCP-SR .308, with PWS PRC muzzle brake and a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with EBR-2C Reticle (MRAD) or EBR-1. any advice on good quality scope rings i should run on this set up would be great. the vortex rings seem pretty low quality so im not sure where to go from there. Nightforce... Leupold.... Weaver... Bushnell.. etc... any input would be greatly appreciated also there is a 20MOA picatinny rail mounted on it if that makes a diffrence in your opinion on what rings are best for my application. Also can anyone help me on the different reticle selection as far as difference in EBR-1 and EBR-2? Thank you! This will NOT be a bench rest weapon so durability is a plus.

Welcome to the "Hide", ridein4life !

I'm driving the same rifle, little different Vortex scope (6.5-20X50 PA), Warne Maxima Low rings, and EGW 20MOA base.
Try not to get caught up in some of the hype you'll hear about certain hardware "you must have".

You do indeed get what you pay for, but sometimes you reach a point where spending more money is just that.
Those Vortex rings may work just fine, the only way you'll know is mount them up, if they stay put and don't move,
don't look back. Spend your time and $$ on running the rifle to best of your ability.

If they don't work for you, then start looking at others.

Sometimes we over think things and chase a gremlin that isn't there. :)

Good to have you with us.

Thanks for the warm welcome and friendly advice Steve. Do you happen to know the difference between the Vortex EBR-1 and EBR-2 reticle? Ive seen a PST EBR-1 reticle(MOA) but never seen the EBR-2. Ive talked with the local shops and when i start getting in depth about the reticles they give me the deer in headlights look. ive been shopping around for about six months and theirs nobody around here in Washington State that really knows there products. pretty disappointing and aggravating. any input on witch is better for long range shooting and ranging would be helpful. Just dont wanna pay a $1000 on something ive never seen and be disappointed. All else fails i guess i could just call Vortex direct. Thanks!

Vortex rings are manufactured by seekins, and seekins rings are excellent aluminum rings. They are the exact same except branded differently. Dont need to spend anymore money on "higher end" rings for a moderate 308 setup. Good luck!