• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 30mm Talley Lightweights

MontanaMarine

MGySgt, Ret.
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2001
Canyon Ferry, MT
Put low 30mm LWs on the 308 yesterday, and took her for a spin.

Only needed 2.0 moa windage and 11 moa elevation corrections from the Badger 20 moa base???? The Talleys must be built a bit generous in the ass end. Everything fits well and flush in the ring-to-scope, and ring-to-reciever mating.

Saved about 12 oz. from the Badger Steel base/rings.

Have 45.5 moa "up" available from a 100 yd zero with 155 Scenars at 2800 fps.

Re: 30mm Talley Lightweights

thats a great paint scheme, it really blends in real well with that background. I'd be worried about setting it down to take a piss and then be unable to find it again lol.

Looks great, but I still can't believe you covered up that kickass McSwirly.
grin.gif

It is a nice swirly pattern under there. It's only a little acetone and elbow grease away, if I ever want it back.

I'm liking the utilitarian look of the paint.

I'm liking the lighter overall weight of this thing. The floorplate is Badger alloy. Don't have a scale, but I'd guess it's around 9 lbs or so, maybe 10 with the bipod. Still shoots as good as always. Compared to the 15 lb 30-06, this is a treat to carry.

Looks good Shane, those mulies will never see it coming.

+1 on lighter is better, especially in your kind of country.

How many yards to the far ridge in your top picture?

Shane, you're just now finding the Talley LW's....better late than never my friend (grin) They're pretty damn nice arent' they?

I have to admit that all mine are 1"ers, no 30mm's in the stable. I would have to think that the LW goodness transfers over though.

MM, did you like the Burris Signature/Posalign you posted a while back?

The Burris DD posaligns are a great system. Strong, and give a lot of latitude in manipulating the amount of forward slope or lateral correction.

My only beef, and it's just a personal thing, is that the rings are closer together than I like. No functional issues, but every time I look at it I just say to myself they need to be spread out a little more. On a long action I wouldn't be bothered.

I just rattlecanned it with Krylon.

A basecoat of khaki, then shot diagonal stripes of olive drab and brown, through some dry bunchgrass to break it up randomly.

Looks good Shane!
I like my Talley lightweights on my sillywet rig. They are definately good kit!

only had to try 600 placements in 3 states to find that background.

Very nice