• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30mm tube for LR Rimfire?

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
Need suggestions for a 30mm tube scope for long range rimfire.
Must have:
First Focal Plane reticle
Christmas Tree style reticle
Prefer MOA
Side parallax and exposed turrets.
Maximum amount of vertical adjustment range.
Don’t care about zero stop or illuminated reticle.
Budget to be determined, but prefer <$1K

Edited to add:
I don’t wish to add picatinny adapters, to restock, to add strap on cheekpieces, or to further make this gun anything other than what it is, an exceptionally accurate rain rifle for hunting in conditions I don’t wish to take a carriage grade walnut and blue steel heirloom piece. I’ve not seen stainless steel 34mm rings available for this rifle, nor do I wish to raise the scope higher than these 30mm rings do.
Thus far the Vortex option mentioned may serve the purpose as I’m very familiar with the reticle.
FA98E9E3-A9A2-44E1-8620-9B2E3CD59381.jpeg

Last edited:
Why 30mm? Limiting yourself right there. Buy a new mount if you have a 30mm now and get a better scope with 34mm tube.
Those are the limitations of the equipment, that is why I was so specific.

I have an Athlon

4.5-27x50 APLR4 FFP IR MOA​

on a Ruger 10/22 Custom shop.
Works well but my Zeiss 636 on a Ruger Precision Rimfire is better but that’s 34mm and more than $1K.
Call Doug at CameraLand for a good price.
-Richard

Reactions: obx22
MOA is a mental limitation.
That post you quoted was a little tongue in cheek humor but I was more concerned with tube diameter when needing maximum amount of elevation. You only have about 70 MOA in the PST where with a 34mm scope you can get over 100 MOA. MOA or Mil is just a number but amount available is important.

I WOULD suggest he take a look at the Arken SH4 or EP5, Strike Eagle 5-25x56, and the new Primary Arms SLx 5-25x56… BUT, they’re all 34mm tubes, and I wouldn’t want the OP to feel unlimited with his equipment… It might make him too powerful and accurate at the range, intimidating all the others around him.

Every time I see a new shooter show up and either doesn't have a zero stop or didn't set it up "to get more elevation" they inevitably get lost in the rotations and spend the next one or two stages trying to find it.

Reactions: FuhQ and Badjujuu
Need suggestions for a 30mm tube scope for long range rimfire.
Must have:
First Focal Plane reticle
Christmas Tree style reticle
Prefer MOA
Side parallax and exposed turrets.
Maximum amount of vertical adjustment range.
Don’t care about zero stop or illuminated reticle.
Budget to be determined, but prefer <$1K

Edited to add:
I don’t wish to add picatinny adapters, to restock, to add strap on cheekpieces, or to further make this gun anything other than what it is, an exceptionally accurate rain rifle for hunting in conditions I don’t wish to take a carriage grade walnut and blue steel heirloom piece. I’ve not seen stainless steel 34mm rings available for this rifle, nor do I wish to raise the scope higher than these 30mm rings do.
Thus far the Vortex option mentioned may serve the purpose as I’m very familiar with the reticle.
View attachment 8030520
I have 2 of those exact same M77 MKII All-Weather rifles... One in 7mm RemMag, and one in 7mm-08 Rem. I just ordered 2 EGW picatinny rail bases for them. The receivers have to be drilled and tapped by a professional gunsmith to install them, but it's worth the money. I will probably be taking mine in the next couple of weeks to have them drilled & tapped. It allows you to use ANY standard 1913 picatinny rings and scope you desire once done. Spend the money on the EGW rail and paying a qualified smith to drill and tap the receiver. Buy once...Cry once. And you'll never be limited to those shitty factory Ruger rings every again.

Here's a 0MOA... https://www.egwguns.com/ruger-m77-short-action-picatinny-rail-must-drill-tap-receiver-0-moa

Here's a 20MOA... https://www.egwguns.com/ruger-m77-short-action-20-moa-must-drill-tap-receiver

Reactions: Rob01
I reach 400m in sub zero temperature with my 30mm Midas 6-24 and Burris bushing rings without having to hold over with my RimX. I have a full 25 mils of elevation available + 1 mil below zero.

I reach 400m in sub zero temperature with my 30mm Midas 6-24 and Burris bushing rings without having to hold over with my RimX. I have a full 25 mils of elevation available + 1 mil below zero.
Fantastic achievement.

Next time, wear some pants.

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette