• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30p-1+ 300wm = wow!

glockdan78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Austin TX
I picked up my 30p-1 a couple weeks ago after an excruciatingly long wait. Went to the range shortly after picking it up and shot it on my R&D precision 308. The gun was a consistent 1/3 moa gun since new. My first three 5 shot groups with the 30p-1 were all 1/4 or better. Sound suppression was excellent and recoil was slightly less than unsuppressed. This past weekend I got a chance to try the thunder beast on my newly finished 300wm. It was a little louder than the 308 but still very quiet (22 inch barrel). Accuracy was excellent but I was amazed by the recoil reduction. Granted this is a 14 lb gun but the 30p-1 brought the winmag down to 308 gas gun levels. I could literally shoot this gun all day. If you're on the fence with the 30p-1 300WM combo, don't be....works great.

Re: 30p-1+ 300wm = wow!

got to love those 30P-1's - got one and really want another.

They are great suppressors, no doubt. Have you checked with them on minimum barrel length for the 300WM? I had thought they had said nothing less then 24" but I could be wrong. It's worth asking about.

Yep, I talked to them about it. They said sound suppression wouldn't be as good but the barrel length is no problem. Just heats up a little quicker. I try to stick with the faster burning wm powders with this barrel. I am mindful of letting it cool enough between strings too.