• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 30PS or Harvester?

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
I'm shopping for my next can and want it to be a direct thread to use on my AI rifle
and suggestions would be helpful

Any other specific criteria you're looking for? Kinda curious how you picked the 30PS and Harvester to compare. Wouldn't the 30P1 be a closer comparison? You looking for compact size? Light weight? Price point? Maximum db reduction? Both the cans you listed have strengths, just in different ways.

Any other specific criteria you're looking for? Kinda curious how you picked the 30PS and Harvester to compare. Wouldn't the 30P1 be a closer comparison? You looking for compact size? Light weight? Price point? Maximum db reduction? Both the cans you listed have strengths, just in different ways.

I'm looking for minimal POI shift and maximum DB reduction in that order

For 30 cal precision I use a TBAC 30P1 and an AWC Thundertrap. Both are rock solid repeatable/consistent. DB reduction is comparable - difference in tone more than anything (at least to my ear). The Thundertrap is old-school stainless and weighs nearly twice as much as the 30P1. I can't comment on POI shift when going from can on to off. I can't remember the last time I shot one of my precision rifles minus the associated can.

I'm sure the 30PS is just as consistent/repeatable as the 30P1. You're going to get some extra DBs with the shorter can/lower volume though. Everything is a trade-off.

I haven't had the opportunity to try the Harvester, but for some reason I've convinced myself that it's not intended for prime-time heavy use... more of a lower price point can for recreational shooters and hunters. Could be way off on that. That's just my totally uneducated bias. In it's defense I'm seeing and hearing, first hand from my dealer, great reports on both repeat-ability and DB reduction.

That's my 02

Id go harvester. Half the price, quieter, lighter and you can swap thread patterns. TBACs bang for the buck has been significantly reduced with the release of the griffin armament taper mounts and silencercos harvester.

Id go harvester. Half the price, quieter, lighter and you can swap thread patterns. TBACs bang for the buck has been significantly reduced with the release of the griffin armament taper mounts and silencercos harvester.

Any thoughts/experience on the Harvester's durability? I believe it has stainless steel baffles and an aluminum tube?? Am I too quick to label this a "lower-cost can intended for lighter use"? It would be awesome to have the durability and performance for half the cost.

Any thoughts/experience on the Harvester's durability? I believe it has stainless steel baffles and an aluminum tube?? Am I too quick to label this a "lower-cost can intended for lighter use"? It would be awesome to have the durability and performance for half the cost.

No less durable than a ti can. Either will have issues with heat. On a bolt gun shooting for precision youd be hard pressed to hurt either. Both have been used at the various tactical matches that have a wide range rate of fire with good results.

No less durable than a ti can. Either will have issues with heat. On a bolt gun shooting for precision youd be hard pressed to hurt either. Both have been used at the various tactical matches that have a wide range rate of fire with good results.

Good to hear. Sounds like the Harvester has serious potential. I own a Sparrow II and Spectre II from SilencerCo/SWR - great products. Have a Specwar 5.56 pending. SilencerCo/SWR have great customer service as well.

OK - Now that I've completely hijacked the thread, let's see if I can get it back on track. OPs question... I'm shopping for my next can and want it to be a direct thread to use on my AI rifle any suggestions would be helpful. I'm looking for minimal POI shift and maximum DB reduction in that order.

Anybody? Ideas? Thoughts?

i went the 30p-1. just for the simple fact that multiple people have them and love them, and that an owner of the company was answering my emails (completely unnecessarily) on weekends and holidays.

that same performance has me and my friends purchase multiple other items from TBAC.

The 30ps sounds great. I dumped two pigs Monday, well 1 boar and a very small one. The 1" POI straight down with the can has not changed with 50 or so shots. This is my first can and I can say that I am not disappointed. In fact, I will get a few more. TBAC make some quality tools. I will post some pictures sometime today.

Michael