• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 33 nos vs 30 nos LR elk

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm super indecisive here..
Looking to rebarrel my LR elk rifle to either 30 Nosler or 33 Nosler.
I'm only going to shoot bonded bullets or monos after seeing some really poor performance this year with Berger's and ELDM's.
If I go 30 nos I'd likely be using a 200 grain Edge TLR or a Ttsx.
I'll be shooting out to 1100 yards potentially, and I'm kinda thinking a 250 grain cutting edge MTH with a .790 bc might be a better option.
What do you guys think?

338 and don't over think. I am not a 30cal mag guy, had them and OK, well before new bullet and powders now , but never saw the performance in flight or wound channels compared to 338. My fav diameter bullet because in my experience, works, good wound channel on big tuff animals. I use 250gr Partitions. But, 1100 is way beyond my hunting range, my average over decades here in Alaska is around 300.

Talk to Ryan Pierce at Piercision rifles, http://piercisionrifles.com/ . Let him talk you into a 30-28 Nosler. I’m pushing 215 grains Bergers @ 3080fps and it’s insanely accurate and easy to load for. Great Barrel life compared to the others as well.

Reactions: HayStax
Talk to Ryan Pierce at Piercision rifles, http://piercisionrifles.com/ . Let him talk you into a 30-28 Nosler. I’m pushing 215 grains Bergers @ 3080fps and it’s insanely accurate and easy to load for. Great Barrel life compared to the others as well.
What's your capacity with the 30-28 nos?
I hear ADG 30 nos is 101 grains so just two shy of a 300 NM.
How many rounds do you have through your barrel?

What's your capacity with the 30-28 nos?
I hear ADG 30 nos is 101 grains so just two shy of a 300 NM.
How many rounds do you have through your barrel?
I know it’s a higher capacity but that’s all I know. With 215 gr Bergers you’d be around 77gr of H1000 Max load with a 30 Nosler and I’m at 86.7 with no pressure sign at all out of the 30-28 Nosler. I’ve got about 200 rounds down the tube. My 28 Nosler I expect to be shot out at around 800 rounds, I’m loaded pretty damn hot in it but it shoots lights out. I’m expecting 2000+ out of the 30-28 Nosler.