• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3338 lapua

rock8485

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2009
i plan on getting a 338 lapua. i have narrowed it down to the bravo 98 and the armalite ar30. is the bravo 98 worth the extra 3 grand compared to the armalite? now remington is in the mix with their new mrs 338. can some1 point me in the right direction?

Re: 3338 lapua

The Armalites are good to go, but they're really, really hard to find (and I doubt you'll be able to even get yourself a delivery date if you do order one).

BTW, I personally waited over a year for one that I ordered through a large retailer, and it simply never arrived.

I now own a Remington MLR .338, but they've stopped making them for now. What is a Remington MRS?

it was the msr (modular sniper rifle) sorry. it looks alot like the the bravo. it has desert camo look.

get the sako trg-42 IN 338lm, mine shot like a laser out of the box, should cost you about $3400-3500

oh im sure it shoots like ah champ. the sako rifles my dad and i own shoot great but i like the old school sniper rifle look. i know looks have nothing to do with it but i jus dont like the looks of the sako. whats the recoil like on that sako? its actually heavier than the armalite and shorter

what is the recoil like on the sako trg-42? does anyone have any info on the remington MSR .338? if you could pick one what would it be the bravo 98 or the sako 338?

i'd take the TRG 42 any day. The recoil is like shooting a slug out of a 12ga shotgun. I paid 2800 for mine and ~3000 for the scope. I went with the finnish Defense force set up all the way! ! since that is who masters these rifles. Zeiss actually makes a scope just for that rifle, not that it matters anyways since you will never be able to obtain one. Think im bout the only guy in the U.S. that has that finnish mil scope (best optic ive ever owned), plus its in english instead of VAS and OIK for windage like the finnish have. Love to know if anyone has that ziess diascope 12-56 anti laser lense here in the US, mine was shipped from Germany and took a few months and some string pulling i heard. I hear a lot of ppl saying best rifle out of the box... actually its better than that, ive shot some custom 338LM's and i think its nicer than a lot of them, so not only good out of the box, ITS JUST DAM GOOD PERIOD !

if anyone is looking to buy a drag bag you gotta check out voodoo tactical's drag bag! its freakin awesome and its pretty cheap well worth the money

+100 on the SAKO TRG 42. Recoil on mine, IMHO, is easier than my Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. It's more of a push than a punch.
However, the muzzle brake and bipod are not included, and SAKO is very proud of them. Best bipod design I've ever seen.
I got to touch a Barrett 98 Bravo a few weeks ago the guy ordered the day the website said they were taking orders. Yes, there's a backlog on them. My local dealer has the AR 30's from time to time in stock, but they don't last long...

The Sako muzzle brakes are awesome, I think you could comfortably shoot it all day. You should be more worried about the concussive blast and the sound of it. You'll need extra hearing protection and get ready to get some annoyed glances thrown your way at the range.

I have TRG and a Custom Aquila .338 Rem w/ a Rock Creek Barrel. The TRG out of the box is a great piece. yes you will have to deal with the concussion and noise,(I double up muffs and plugs)the angry looks at the range. My custom 338 has less recoil due to barrel and brake set up,but its a no brainer when it comes to the cost difference between a custom stick and one out of the box

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: comengetemdareya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was the msr (modular sniper rifle) sorry. it looks alot like the the bravo. it has desert camo look. </div></div>

Do you have a link to this model? I'm not seeing it on any of Remingtons sites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kidkl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do you have a link to this model? I'm not seeing it on any of Remingtons sites. </div></div>

I think he is talking about: http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m24a3sws.htm </div></div>

Could be what the OP was referring to but,the M24A3 SWS has been in their catalog for about three years now and it's for the military market whereas the MLR was in the law enforcement catalog for a lot less money. I have a MLR installed in a AICS 1.5. I wouldn't say it's on par with a Sako unless it gets blue printed and re-barreled. The factory barrel on the MLR is only about 24" without the brake. My barrel developed an odd erosion in one of the grooves about an inch foward of the throat. Other people have reported similar problems with their barrels. I haven't done much load development yet to see if it's causing a real problem yet.

What kind of accuracy has been reported with the Remington 700P MLR's, and are they still making them?? I can't seem to find them on their site anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: linebaugh500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I now own a Remington MLR .338, but they've stopped making them for now.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie_Foxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Sako muzzle brakes are awesome, I think you could comfortably shoot it all day. You should be more worried about the concussive blast and the sound of it. You'll need extra hearing protection and get ready to get some annoyed glances thrown your way at the range. </div></div>

+1 bro, i own a TRG-42, the sako brake are good, but i prefer the NEAR brale, less dust from the ground on prone, recoil seem the same, they are not cut as low as the factory one.
i'am very lucky, were i live, 10 min ride bring me under a power line, we have a stretch of 3km ++, wind was blowing pretty high today so we only shoot 800m, usually, we do 1km and 1.5km.

The factory remmy in .338LM shoot well too to 800m, group open more then the TRG at 1000m and more, mabye the short berrel ??

SENDERO