• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Bottom Metal; CIP Magazines?

71firebird400

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Can someone please explain to me what's going on here. My understanding is that the older AI mag's had a max OAL of somewhere around 3.650", but the new "CIP" magazines have an OAL of 3.750"? Is this correct?

Is it possible to use the new magazines in bottom metal that came with the older mags?

What bottom metal will allow me the longest OAL, or does it not matter?

Thanks!

Re: 338 Bottom Metal; CIP Magazines?

Ok, after some more google searching I found Triad Tactical's website to be very helpful (thanks Triad!)

http://www.triadtactical.com/Badger-M5-BDM-Badger-Detachable-Magazine-System.html

Looks like there are two part numbers for Badger M5 DBM depending whether you want the CIP magazine or not.

Can anyone tell me if you could run a CIP magazine in the older style bottom metal?

Thanks

Re: 338 Bottom Metal; CIP Magazines?

My understanding is the newer magazines will not fit in the old style bottom metal due to the longer length.