• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 edge awesome accuarcy

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover
Well I finally got my new rig. Rem 700 all trued up B&C tactical bedded and barrel action coated with baked on finish. wyatts extended box, 26" broughton fluted barrel, opsc. brake, Nightforce scope and first hand load rem brass cci 250 primer, 300 smk 92 grns H1000 and shot a 4 shot group in the .3 ! That is a whole lot of fire power!! I' mean alot! I have a total of 6 rounds in her and want to try another go at .2 or lower, but shit that is a alot of gun! Recoil isn't bad but I wouldn't want to shoot all day. But I did shoot my best 4 shot group! So I was happy. I"m going to try and lighten the load .5 and see if it gets any better. Some cases wanted to stick. I think there was some swelling at the base. Primers seemed fine but I know this is a tight chamber, so I"ll reload and see what I can do. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow night.

Re: .338 edge awesome accuarcy

Bubb, do you by chance know how many firing you get out of the brass on the .338 edge. Also what dies do you use.

I sure like my 338 Edge!! I use the same load as you do, but I have a 30" Hart barrel, Wyatts extended box magazine, Rem 700, Nightforce Scope and rings, Defensive Edge brake, metal painted coyote tan, stock finished in desert "snake skin"

Here I am shooting it:

IMG_0090.JPG

Riley I think you can get around 8 reloads I'm told? But some say alot more than that? Dave wells built my guns here in Pa. I had alot of trouble with him! It started as a 2 week build and took over a year, and many promises later I got my gun. We had plenty of words along the way, but in the end it is probably the most accuract gun I ever shot! Would I do it again, for this type of accuacy YES! I"m just using RCBS 338 ultra dies!

I am only getting about 4-5 reloads out of my Remington brass. Also shooting 92 gr H1000, and getting 2830 fps in a 30" Rock barrel. Bought a set of dies from Defensive Edge.

Can you Edge shooters give me your cartridge specs.... OAL specifically. I run 92g H1000 at OAL=3.80 in QL and get danger pressures (approx 66000psi). Is it safe to shoot that load?

Jim

NO BRAKE?????????! Holly $HIT you must like a pounding! I got the ops inc brake and think it needs changed out to a better one! You da man. But for such a big bore they are accurate.

I'm going to do a small latte test around the first load I tried. Because I never shot in the .3 before and I don't see it getting a whole lot better. I'll do the latter at 300 yards then I'll try 1000 yards. My MAYJOR problem is this gun is WAY over kill here in Pa due to the fact it is very hard to find a place to shoot past 300 yards! I have to drive over 1:20 minutes to a 1K range! I should of built a 308!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimboww</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you Edge shooters give me your cartridge specs.... OAL specifically. I run 92g H1000 at OAL=3.80 in QL and get danger pressures (approx 66000psi). Is it safe to shoot that load?

Jim </div></div>

Was running 92.5 gr H1000, 300 smk, 3.874. Was .005" off lands. 2830 FPS from 30" Lawton bbl, 0.392 at 100 yds, 1.5" at 300 yds. Didn't have pressure signs, but this was at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. New Lilja is on the way for the edge
laugh.gif

Lancer,

How many rounds did you have through your old barrel?