• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 338 edge build question

leadbullet

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
kitsap WA
I have a stiller tac 300 and a CDI DBM with CIP mag, the front of the mag comes up under the action feed ramp making impossible to be a repeater.
Is there another DBM that would work or what can i do to make this set up function as a repeater.
thanx guys.
cheers.

You will still be limited by your actions' ability to fit a longer round through the bottom of the action. So....to make yours work you could develop your loads to an appropriate COAL, or make your own magazine /bottom metal and new trigger design to fit with a more rearward and steeper feed CIP mag. If you didn't mind compromising action strength/stiffness, I suppose you could mill out some of the feedramp...

thanx Adahy, oinco i would rather not mill the feed ramp as there is litte material for the bolt lug to rest on as it is. i could ope the rear of the action just a little for the mag and ammo to fit in but then the CDI DBM will not screw in the action, looks like i will have to make mods to it or make a new one.
it will still work as a single shot for now.
thanx guys.

I'd switch to the Predator. It is designed for the Wyatt's box, then just go with PTG BDL bottom. That is how I built mine anyway. Unless you go with the impossible to get Seekins mag system, you are always going to be short on mag length. Of course, that depends on how your reamer is set up. This probably isn't a cartridge you want to be jamming bullets with...