• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 EDGE first time over 1000

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
my buddy and i finally made the time to shoot over 1000yds for the first time yesterday. we took three rifles i built. the first is a 338 edge on a stiller predator converted to single shot with a 10 twist rock creek and choate varmint stock. this is my buddys rifle. we set the target at 1050 to make damn sure we were over 1000yds. the wind was horrible gusting over 30mph and very switchy but we set up with as much of a head wind as possible. there was still 1.25 minutes swing either way. the EDGE is shooting the 300smk at 2800fps and we are both very pleased with the way it shot. these three groups were shot off the hood of my pickup. my buddy shot the top three shot group and the bottom three shot group. i shot the 5 rounds in the middle. the EDGE still had enough energy at that range to stretch the bolts on my target hanger! we are going to 1500yds next time. notice the lack of elevation in all groups. pretty good i think. we both just need to get better with the wind. my buddy did manage to shoot a 3 shot 4.5" group very early in the morning before the wind started switching. it was still blowing like hell but from a steady direction. i did not get a pic of it. these groups were shot right before we left and was the only time i shot his rifle that day.

Re: 338 EDGE first time over 1000

Got to love the EDGE!!!

I sure like mine and have had similar results.

Good Shooting!