• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 edge load with reloader 33

alexm_mechanic

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2012
blanco,tx
Reloader 33 data for edge shooters: My 300gr sierra load consist of 101grs@ 2925 out of 32" bartlein barrel 5R 1in10. Bolt lift is smooth and easy with no primer flattening. The load also has an ES of 10.

nice... I am getting 2850 with 98.5 grains of rl33 with 30 inch benchmark barrel. extreme spread isn9 at 28 degrees. 1/4 moa at 200 with bergers.. almost 1 hole!!!

kasey

How is the temp stability compared to h1000? Have a build going with LRI in 338 edge and having a hard time finding h1000. Have read good things about RL33 getting better velocities.

When i chronographed the load it was around 50 degrees. Havent really shot load while it was super cold. If looking for some reloader 33 check out precision reloading they had some 8lb jugs for 145 bucks.

I bought two pounds of reloader 33 but I don't know if I will try reloader 33

Last edited:
50 Degrees, 10 mph wind, elevation 300 ft. 30" barrel oal is 4.090"
Happy with RL-33 no pressure going to try a few grains more

I like 98gr.....no surprise. Did you let the cartridges cook in the chamber? I've had velocities increase throughout a string with temp sensitive powders of they sit in an increasingly hot chamber.

I was tempted to try some of these other powders but h-1000 is just too good. I stocked up.
Now If they come out with "nitro turbo xs +p inxs" powder that lets the gun guide itself to the moon....................... Na, I'm good. Just toooooooo good to mess with.

Looks like this thread died off.

I have a 32" KP barrel chambered in 338 edge. It's chambered with a bore rider reamer for 300g Lazers. I have about 20lbs of RL33 I was looking at trying out.

After reading through the thread, what are yall seeing through temp stability, or whats a good starting load.

I have ADG brass, Fed 215M primers, 300g Lazers.