• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 edge +p scope recommendations

What scope in my budget?

• Meopta optika6 5-30x56

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athlon ares etr 4.5-30x56

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Vortex viper pst 5-25x50

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other please list option in thread

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Dave__th3__ss

Ammo prep guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
My reloading room
So Shawn carlock at defensive edge just finished up my 338 edge +p build. Now I’m in the market for a scope. Looking to stay around $800-$1300 budget.

this will be my 1000+ yard rifle for out west on hunting trips.

so far I’ve considered these 3 scopes

Meopta optika6 5-30x56(no experience with this brand)

Athlon ares etr 4.5-30x56

Vortex viper pst 5-25x50(not really sure on this one)

Any other options that I might consider in my price range.
Reticle must be mil and ffp.

If you can stretch your budget a couple hundred more or so something like this should be available

That’s not a good deal.

Add it to your cart but still above your price bracket http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d128.html

in your range the bushnell dmr3 looks to have an attractive price there at liberty.
Or call camera land ny and see what’s up there
You’re saying that razor i linked to isnt a good deal? Liberty looks like they’re listing the same scope for $1999 per the link in your post.

If im misunderstanding you, please let me know

well looking at the Meopta optika6 5-30x56 and looking at 5 different places I could get on all above 900 dollars at that price Id want more for my money not a fan of the rets I saw available or the limitation of only 30x's mag maybe something I missed or just did not see at that price Id either want a ret I liked or more mag for the money even if that meant more cost for more Id be into my delta's range or maybe something with far more elevation . If I could live with the 5x30 which is not bad even though I'm enjoying the feeling of being spoiled up at 40 or 50x with the rise in everything gun related price increasing . I am not sure Id buy another adjustable rail to get that extra 200 or more moa of elevation , but maybe I would for a round that could reach further than the ones I own and if I had a place to shoot it further than the ranges I shoot at now . I would definatly go back to another delta and it's free floating dot I am enjoying it so much , and if it had to be ffp so be it and if I could do with another sfp that would suit me just fine Id love to own three of them . best of luck no matter what you decide to buy hope it works great for you sounds like a fun round to run .

I've heard a few horror stories about Meopta, mainly their repair turnaround times.
That's here in Australia though.
I have two Vortex Razor II, and a HD, they all perform very well.
I bought a Meopta years ago, glass was nice, but the tracking was shithouse.

You’re saying that razor i linked to isnt a good deal? Liberty looks like they’re listing the same scope for $1999 per the link in your post.

If im misunderstanding you, please let me know
Well shit. It was 1499 when I posted it. You can see the 3-18 is still low in the cart.

keep in eye on it over the next month, the sales will be back.

Last edited:
We recently added one of these to our line up. Going through barrel break in and initial load development. 30” barrel and only seeing 2815 with h1000. Hit pressure at 2860. Curious how your gun is performing.
This particular gun has a sightron s

continued from above..
Sightron siii 8-32 and has performed well and in your price point.

We recently added one of these to our line up. Going through barrel break in and initial load development. 30” barrel and only seeing 2815 with h1000. Hit pressure at 2860. Curious how your gun is performing.
Was it the 338 edge +p or just the edge? Also where about are you shooting? Elevation could be a big factor with the pressure signs

Hell, you can still find the Athlon Cronus for under $1300 if you look around.
Get a Jap scope instead of a China one.
I run a a Cronus on my 338 edge.
No complaints.

300’s?
After I got about 80 shots in I sped up about 80 fps.
You also may consider a slower powder.

Reactions: Dave__th3__ss
Screenshot_20211031-194901_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Dave__th3__ss
Never even heard of that company

They are awesome so far. I got lucky enough to get to test a few (my buddy picked one up, and his hunting partner got one on recommendation from another shooter), and then made friends with a fellow shooter in a match who uses them. I got to test 2 different nexus’s, 1 titan and 1 helix. I got to play with them against nightforce, vortex’s, Schmidt, Steiner, Nikon’s ans leupold. I was blow away with there features, packaging snd finish. The hit way above there price point. I’m been fortunate to be able to test, try or own many different brands stocks/chassis, actions, barrels, and optics. I now own 2 elements, with my latest coming in tn.

I ran the element nexus all last year matches with flawless function. Got the titan tonight which I’m excited to throw on the current set up and move the nexus over to my latest build.