• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 edge questions ....dies? reamer? ect

locotrician

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2008
North east, united states
i searched and didnt find much i saw that redding is supposed to have dies for this but i didnt see them on their site. i am probably going to end up buying the reamer for this from ptg should i just buy .338 rum dies or .338 win dies and then ream them with the reamer or does someone make a good set of dies for this round i would like to have a micrometer on the seater die but it dosnt look like thats gonna happen. where are you guys that shoot the edge getting your dies from and what style of die are you getting? seating for oal or ogive ? how far are you pushing the shoulder back and how often ? what neck dimensions should i order on the reamer and is it wise to have it throated to the 300 smk as this is what i plan to shoot ? i will be running the seekins mag system . sorry the questions are not in a good order just what running through my head.

Re: .338 edge questions ....dies? reamer? ect

also looking for the same info. just starting a edge build.

i have got all the components ordered except the brake i cant decide which one to get......good luck with your build.

I have used hollands quick discharge on a few rifles and liked them very much. i have been told on here to look at the fast bastard break, supossedly it is amazing? good luck as well. what bbl did you go with?

I havent decided yet. all of the gunsmithing i have done has been with douglas barrels. no one seems to use them, at least for a tactical rifle. Up in the air i guess? but i am going with a 30" 1in9 or 10. looking to shoot 300gr smk's.