• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 338 Edge

FormulaZR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2008
Lubbock, TX
Ah...my pride and joy! This is my 338 Edge built on a Stiller Precision Python action. It has a Jewell trigger, McMillan Tooley MBR stock, 30" Hart barrel, Vais muzzle brake, and 12-42x56 NXS scope. Without a doubt my most prized possession!!

Re: 338 Edge

If you dont mind me asking how did you attach the bipod to the stock. With it being a flat surface did you make a bracket?
Thanks, Ollie

Yes sir, I expect to be buried with this gun!

The bipod is put on with a swivel stud that has been added to the stock. The stock was drilled, a "nut" glued in, and the stud screwed in...it is removable for shooting off a rest.

It shoots like a dream...my wet dream anyway! Ha ha...I work away from home, but when I go back next I'll dig out a 1000 yd target. My best so far is just over 8". But, I have less than 50 rounds through this particular gun, so I'm still working on the best load. This gun actually has two barrels, the magnum taper barrel it's pictured with and a full contour barrel at home. The heavy barrel doesn't make it any more accurate, but it does make it more steady. The magnum taper is for "hunting". As impractical as that sounds, I don't have to lug it too far cause almost everything is in range...ha ha ha.

what kind of ballistics do you get from that beast?

It's pushing a 300 SMK at a little over 3000 fps with 100.1 gr of Retumbo. That puts the energy a little over 6100. About 225" drop @ 1000 yds based on a 100 yd zero...or about 85 clicks on the scope. I have just a handfull of some handmade 300 gr that have a .898 BC, and with that the drop @ 1000 is reduced to a little over 211".

I have gotten quite a bit of interest in 338 Edge since I posted this picture. If anyone is serious about having a 338 Edge built, PM me and I'll provide you with the number of the guy who built it for me. If you have an Ultra Mag 700 action with bottom metal one of these can be built for under $1500, or under $1200 if you have both an Ultra Mag action with bottom metal and an HS Precision stock...a Sendero is a good donor gun. Good prices on scopes too. Not trying for a shameless plug here...but I see people paying WAY too much for custom guns and thought I might offer a solution...I won't see any proceeds from this other than more people will have a 338 Edge. They don't have any Python's in stock right now, so an identical gun to mine would be somewhat more expensive, but there is always that option too. Those prices include a Jewell trigger, HS Precision stock (if needed), trued and bedded action, Hart barrel, Vais brake, and assembly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug Kelley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have some nice rifles!! </div></div>

Thank you very much.

Nice gun. I am wanting to build one similar chambered in a 308 via parts i can buy online slowly. Do you have any recomendations where I can get parts at a fair price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: db1mech-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice gun. I am wanting to build one similar chambered in a 308 via parts i can buy online slowly. Do you have any recomendations where I can get parts at a fair price? </div></div>

Yes, check your PMs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fletcher/AAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful, what are the stock colors? </div></div>

70% tan and 30% black...

Very nice looking gun was doing some messing around with the search on the 338 edge and found this.

Impressive, most impressive……..
wink.gif

How are you getting 3000 fps with a 300 gr matchking? Do you have pressure signs? That's about the fastest I have heard for a edge.

lots of interest in tha 338 edge ive seen on here , i got a 300 ultra pssr if anybody needs one for a build i'll put ya in this one for 900 , i got a 10x bushnell mill dot to go with for $1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FormulaZR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah...my pride and joy! 30" Hart barrel!! </div></div>

Nice gun!
What taper is this barrel?