• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua 1000 Yard Accuracy Test

Always enjoy your videos Grizzdude.

How many rounds do you have through that barrel? I can't believe its still going, seems like you have been posting videos forever now with that gun.

Always enjoy your videos Grizzdude.

How many rounds do you have through that barrel? I can't believe its still going, seems like you have been posting videos forever now with that gun.
Thanks! Right now I'm pretty close to the 700 round mark. Hopefully the barrel will still last a good while.

What loads are you using? How much less powder with solid bullets compared to lead core?
For the 300gr Bergers I'm running 90gr H1000 powder but for the 278gr bullets I'm running 93gr H1000. Both are hot loads so always start low and work up

First, good shooting.
Thanks for the info; my gun reaches high pressure faster; with 300 gr SMK, 89.0 grs of retumbo---H-1000 is 2 grains less.
When loaded with 90.0 grs of retumbo started to see pressure signs; also with seating depth I'm .02 off lands, OAL is 3.725,
max is 3.745. Doing a 1200 yard qual soon, looking to do a mile after that but I think solid bullets are the way to go when shooting
real far. What do you think is best solid bullet .338 lm with 1:10 twist?

Any idea how barrel wear compares between jacketed vs solids?

Very impressive Shooting. What's the cost difference between the Berger and the copper solid's?

Very impressive Shooting. What's the cost difference between the Berger and the copper solid's?

Thanks, the copper solids are almost double the price. Pretty soon I'll be coming out with the ballistic tests on hard targets between these two rounds, just need to finish up the editing.

First, good shooting.
Thanks for the info; my gun reaches high pressure faster; with 300 gr SMK, 89.0 grs of retumbo---H-1000 is 2 grains less.
When loaded with 90.0 grs of retumbo started to see pressure signs; also with seating depth I'm .02 off lands, OAL is 3.725,
max is 3.745. Doing a 1200 yard qual soon, looking to do a mile after that but I think solid bullets are the way to go when shooting
real far. What do you think is best solid bullet .338 lm with 1:10 twist?

I know CEB has a 250gr MTAC bullet that is meant for the 338lm 1:10 twist barrel. CEB is the first solid I have used but I'm liking the results so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Mr Grizz; good shooting, as usual. These copper solids did well for you but as you mention, it comes with a price. My friend Mark shot the copper solids (the ones from South Africa) at a mile on AR500 and they did a perfect mushroom of 1" 1/4 diameter, impressive. For the record, he did have more hits with the Bergers but his dope was much more refined with these.
Looking forward to see what happens when you are blasting hard targets ;)