• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 lapua ackley improved loads

bward

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Hi all. I picked up my new 338 lapua ackley improved the other day and would like to hear some load data for it. It is a hall action with a 27 inch pac nor barrel. I fire formed some brass with 93 grains of hodgdons 50 bmg powder with 300 gr. scenars and got a 1/2 inch 5 shot group at 200 (which was the max distance at the range I was at) so i feel like that powder shows good promise but I know I could hot it up quite a bit.

Re: 338 lapua ackley improved loads

As always start low & work up. I ended up with my most accurate load being 108.5grs. of 24N41, w/Rem. 9 1/2 primers & 300gr. SMK.
RL25 & H50BMG were also strong performers.
Semper Fi

Re: 338 lapua ackley improved loads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A guy on long range hunting called goodgrouper has one and post info on it you might look him up. His gun is the MOAG-mother of all guns.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/2000yard-moag-pics-10681/
</div></div>

Shortly before I read that story(back in 05)I was thinking I was pretty cool with my first hits at 1000. Then he deepened the sickness in me with that post. I remember thinking that I had to step it up now! Get ahold of him. He is a good guy and knows his gun and reloading inside and out.

Jason