• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua action wish list

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
This might sound like I'm reaching and I may be slightly under-informed but here goes.

1. dual-port single shot
2. intergral scope rail
3. intergral recoil lug
4. extended tenon
5. 3 lug bolt with M16 style extractor and one piece bolt handle

I think BAT Machine makes a 3 lug action, large enough, long enough for the 338 Lapua, with integral rail and lug. With the integral lug, you will get the longer tenon, and I think you can get an M-16 extractor as an option. Not going to get the one piece bolt handle though, although I have never seen a BAT handle fail. I just got one of their smaller actions, in a 308 bolt face, single shot, left port, right eject, with a 20 MOA rail and integral lug. Have plans for a little varmint splatter with this thing. It is very pretty, nitrided finish, and slick as can be.

Your other option, although hard to get right now, might be a Surgeon XL, but you won't get the 3 lug part of it, nor the left port..

I was hoping, but I don't believe BAT makes a 338 action to the same specs as your action. If so, the one piece bolt would not be a deal breaker.

I do believe they do, from the website, a 3 lug 416 Rigby (same as the 338 Lapua) bolt face, right bolt, left port, right eject :

PartID Description Price Each Quantity Total Price
L-RLD-175OCT-416-STR-YES Action: Model L with 1.75 Octagon for 416 Rigby 1500 1500.00
Delivery 30.00
Sales Tax 0.00
Total 1530.00

If you call Darrell there ( only have phone customer service 3-5 PM PST ) he can guide you thru the details of ordering one. He will recommend chrome moly with nitride as material, it is a good suggestion, doesn't gall threads as easy as the stainless.

Order an action wrench at the same time.

As you can tell, I like the 3L BAT's.....