• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua and Forster Co-Ax?

JustBC

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
I am thinking about buying myself a new press for Christmas. I am set on single stage, no turret, no progressive. I will load bottleneck rifle cartridges from 223 to 338. 50BMG is not a concern (Kalifornia)

Currently I use a Rock Chucker Supreme.
I use Redding and Forster dies. I am not interested in switching.
I do not want to have to maintain multiple presses (I already have a progressive for pistol.)

I really like what I have read about the Forster Co-Ax. I need to be able to load 338 Lapua using 300 grain Bergers. I also may want to use Flatlines which are even longer. I have heard this is tough with the Co-Ax but the last article I could find was from a couple years ago.

Is anyone here loading 338 Lapua/300 Grains with the Co-Ax? Has Forster increased the window size?

The other possibilities I am looking at are the RCBS Ammo Master or the Summit. Can anyone point out any significant strengths or weaknesses with those presses?
Are they significantly better than the 'Chucker?

I am also considering the Redding UltraMag but I do not see a significant advantage over the Rock Chucker. Also, I have a lot of RCBS accessories like shell holders. Anyone with an UltraMag please weigh in here.

Believe it or not I have searched on this topic. I have not been able to come up with a *recent* definitive answer

Thanks for your time

GTG with the COAX with Berger 300 OTM's. Flatlines should not be a problem as well. You will need to use the large jaws for the 338.