• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 Lapua brass

Re: .338 Lapua brass

So far, I am up to about 8 times and they don't show any signs of problems.

I only got 4 time on one batch of (25) 338 Lapua Brass and had two with separated cracks, but to find out I was bumping shoulder to much, now I'm using Redding Competition Shell holder now my head space is down to .0015 the bolt close nice and easy still, now I can see how reloads I get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many loadings can you expect, on average, for .338 lapua brass? ( Lapua head stamp) </div></div>

I had one out of twenty Normas, split a neck after two cycles.

I'm on my ninth cycle with eighty new Lapua brand with only some primer pockets loosening up. I kind of experimented with dies on these 100 cases, with different sizing methods, so I'm sure I didn't help matters out. I have annealed them at say five cycles.

Chris

when I get there I will tell you. until than to me it seems like the question how many licks dose it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop

I am at 12 and only annealed once on them.

just depends on how I feel I am not sure if there is a set standard or not I do the lucky number 7 though on my brass weather it needs it or not.

it might just be a VOODOO thing but it seems to be working. only lost Norma so far but had 16 yes 16 loads on that brass and out of 20 saw neck splits or cracks on 2 well they made good dummy rounds and stony points after that.

10 became training rounds
2 became stony's
4 became quick sets for my seater IE 300g SMK 250g SMK one each for mag and one each for lands.