• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua Mag. what bolt face?

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Guys, with Europtics having a sale on their TRG in 338 Lapua Magnum, I was wondering what the bolt face would be compatible with, as I would consider purchasing the rifle and spinning a new barrel on it, the reloading manual I have doesn't have anything on it and I'm tooo lazy to Google search it. I would like to set it up for long range tactical, so the 338 is a bit over kill.
Any thoughts or ideas?????
Thansk SScott

Re: 338 Lapua Mag. what bolt face?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.588"
</div></div>
Thanks, it looks like I really need a .532 bolt face for the big cartridges that I am interested in.
SScott

Not sure about TRG actions but maybe you could buy a win mag bolt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about TRG actions but maybe you could buy a win mag bolt? </div></div>
That might be an option.
SScott

Scott,

If you have long action bolt already, send it in to Benchmark and they can open up the bolt face to the exact diameter you will need!!! Plus when they do that they can install a Sako extractor if you like them...

Why dont you get a 416 rigby pipe for that trg? It is the "parent-case" of the 338 lapua.

Edit...
Ooups, missed the overkill part of OP.
You could go the 300 Lapua route
wink.gif