• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 lapua magazine for 300 prc

Crosseye

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2022
I have an Accuracy International in 338 lapua and recently purchased a barrel in 300 prc. Can I use the same magazines for both? Newbie question

No. Use the .300wm magazine.

You will also need the .300wm bolt body

Reactions: Crosseye
You did not state which A.I you have, so your mileage may vary. I have an AXSR. When I tried using my 338 Lapua magazine for 300PRC, it nosedives into front of magazine, but chambers the 338 Lapua fine. So we know 300PRC will not work in 338 Lapua magazine.

Why did i try it? Out of desperation because the 300PRC also nosedives into the factory A.I 300WM magazine, even though A.I recommends using 300WM magazine for the 300PRC.

I had to send my A.I 300WM magazine off to be worked on and tuned for 300PRC. Now works perfectly for 300PRC and 300WM…

You did not state which A.I you have, so your mileage may vary. I have an AXSR. When I tried using my 338 Lapua magazine for 300PRC, it nosedives into front of magazine, but chambers the 338 Lapua fine. So we know 300PRC will not work in 338 Lapua magazine.

Why did i try it? Out of desperation because the 300PRC also nosedives into the factory A.I 300WM magazine, even though A.I recommends using 300WM magazine for the 300PRC.

I had to send my A.I 300WM magazine off to be worked on and tuned for 300PRC. Now works perfectly for 300PRC and 300WM…
How do I find out which model I have? I purchased the rifle from another shooter. It came with the original barrel in 338lp. Other barrels, magazines and bolt came with it. It had 1 magazine per caliber and adapter for the 6.5 cm, shorter caliber. I came upon a good deal on the 338lp mags. But now, not sure if I purchased the right ones. Haven't shot the rifle. Getting the ammo was hard at first since the difference in price dictates how many to buy and also reloading. I know, newbie mistake. Just so eager to hit the 1000.

If it takes CIP magazines, just get a 300 PRC specific CIP magazine. 338 may feed it, test it out. Don't bother with 300 wm magazines, way too short.

Not in the slightest. Email AI and ask if your model accepts CIP magazines. If they say yes, order a 300 PRC Specific CIP magazine. MDT and Accurate Mag make solid ones.

What's "CIP"?
WikipediA
The Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'épreuve des armes à feu portatives (English: Permanent International Commission for the Proof of Small Arms), commonly abbreviated C.I.P., is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms.