• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 338 Lapua Magnum 250 grain Scenars

Arif

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2009
Canada
Does anyone have a picture of 250 grain Scenar retrived after a kill, i just wanted to see how it expands when used on game. I plan on using the Scenars on hunting trips and wanted some feedbak

Thanks in advance

AJ

Re: 338 Lapua Magnum 250 grain Scenars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arif</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a picture of 250 grain Scenar retrived after a kill, i just wanted to see how it expands when used on game. I plan on using the Scenars on hunting trips and wanted some feedbak

Thanks in advance

AJ </div></div>

I've used that bullet out my .338LM the past few years on elk, mule deer and antelope and have not recovered a single one. The exit holes on both elk we shot with it this fall were about golf ball size. Ranges have been from 40 meters to 800+ with the same results..

so i should not have any concerns in using the Scenars on game, were they all one shot kills?

Every critter I've shot with it has died quickly and cleanly. I wouldnt hesitate to shoot anything we have to hunt here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not good on moose! Trust me, I know! </div></div>

Placement?

Thank you for your feeback everyone. From what I heave read and seen on videos, high sholder shots work well with tagget bullets and since the Scenars are harder bullets then most sould work better.

i just wanted to make sure before i go out on a hunt of a lifetime

AJ

can you please share your experience, i am interested in knowing what happened on your moose hunt with these bullets

AJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not good on moose! Trust me, I know!</div></div>

Please share your experience...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not good on moose! Trust me, I know!</div></div>

Please share your experience... </div></div>

here is his hunt ....

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...110#Post2064110

Ah... I remember now... Thanks Scott.

I dont know, sounds like it worked fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why put three rounds in the same place? if it didn't do the job right away with the first one. Change it up a bit and shut down some other vitals. </div></div>

He was dead on his feet with the first round and was in a real nice spot </div></div>

Moose seem to soak up bullets all the time. And the two Barnes that were fired didn't do too well either, maybe it was a particularly hard Moose? or it had the Bermuda triangle of vitals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The next two pills were Barnes MRX 250 Gr, Both gave a big old smack. I dont know what Barnes round I found but I'll post a pic of it and it did not perform well at all, other then killing the moose I guess. </div></div>