• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 lapua Magnum primers

Re: .338 lapua Magnum primers

215Ms, but I've used 215s and Winchester LRM primers.

I prefer the 215Ms if for no other reason than I sleep better at nights, using them.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">215Ms, but I've used 215s and Winchester LRM primers.

I prefer the 215Ms if for no other reason than I sleep better at nights, using them.

Chris </div></div>

Haha, I hear you. Thats the kind of feedback I need though! I figured it was kinda a glock vs 1911, both will work its just what you prefer. It is however always nice to hear what everyone is using. Thanks

I can tell no difference between CCI, 215M, and WLRM. All shoot just fine, I just happen to have a lot more WLRM,s, so they are what's used.

215m, only because tula magnums were giving me hang fires but now its all good.

Been using CCI 250s with zero issues and just ordered in another 5k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I figured it was kinda a glock vs 1911, both will work its just what you prefer. </div></div>

Hey now, I wouldnt go that far. More like Springfiled XD vs Glock.

GM215M's here as well. Only complaint, on new Lapua brass I have to use a primer uniformer to get them to seat below flush. I think the cups on the Fed are a bit deeper then the CCI's.

For some reason the CCIs did not work well at all for me in my 338 LM. Using the Federals with the same load works great. I was surprised because CCI primers work great in my 6BR benchrest rifle.

I started with the 215Ms had good luck and never looked back.

I buy in bulk since I use them in my 7WSM, 7 Dakota, 338LM, and 338 LM Improved.

Jeffvn

That stinks having to uniform primer cup height before reloading, talk about an extra step...