• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 Lapua muzzle brake question

madd0c

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
South Carolina
OK, so I took the plunge and purchased a .338LM through a friend. It is a surgeon built rifle that was initially set up with a Thunderbeast 338P-1 supressor, and hopefully the person selling the rifle will part with it (he hasn't decided). I should recieve the rifle within the next few weeks, and even if he decides to sell the supressor with the rifle, I have a 5 or 6 mo wait for the NFA form and tax stamp.

I definitely don't want to wait that long to shoot the new rifle. I know that the APA FB brake is the one that seems to get the most recommendations on here, but I would prefer not to immediately ship my new rifle off for a few more months.

Any recommendations for a lesser brake that could be threaded on the existing threads until I get a supressor? I am pretty sure I don't want to shoot this rifle without a brake/supressor.

Thanks in advance,
madd0c

Re: .338 Lapua muzzle brake question

Well, I had thought about that, but according to some of the other threads here, the FTE needs another inch of bbl turned to .800 behind the threads.

Is your barrel turned behind the threads Psyops?
Thanks

I'd like to thank you for spelling "brake" properly
wink.gif

Heh, np dogtown

Even though Badger Ordnance has it spelled incorrectly on their entire site
blush.gif