• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua suppressor question

Shooterjoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2008
Looking for a can for a 338 Lapua on a Blaser Tactical 2 setup. I believe I need a threaded version, not a QD...unless you can convince me otherwise...Any can recommendations??

Reactions: 338dude
Suppressed Armament Systems makes a good direct thread can, the Vengeance. Otherwise, SIG used to make a QD 338 can that I've had good results with as well. You might be able to find one of them as new old stock.

Suppressed Armament Systems makes a good direct thread can, the Vengeance. Otherwise, SIG used to make a QD 338 can that I've had good results with as well. You might be able to find one of them as new old stock.
Thanks for the help...there was a Sig suggestion...any other takers??

I like my AAC Titan-Ti. Use it on my 338LM as well as my 6.5x47L bolt gun as it's the lightest direct thread can I own, haha.

Should probably buy a bolt gun dedicated 6.5 or 30 cal direct thread suppressor that will save me some weight and OAL, but if it ain't broke...

Reactions: 338dude
Ase Utra SL7i -- either threaded or QD (over a proprietary brake) -- does the job pretty well.
Very reasonable size and weight, and decent recoil reduction.

KGM makes a 338 suppressor that is tuneable ? with threaded inserts. I close off the bottom half to prevent dirt and grass from getting tossed around.
I’ve not seen more that a single click of adjustment needed when going from unsuppressed to suppressed. Most are seeing an accuracy improvement with the KGM can. PM me if you want more info.